All aboard.... Trainwreck 2 plants, going for 3 lbs

My wife bought me the chiller for Christmas, damn I love that woman :grin:

The stuff is nasty.

Nice present!!! Which model is it?

That is so sweet of her! You’re a lucky guy.

Smoke report, from smoky Northern California, ILGM Train Wreck harvested, 10/17/18, good expansion in the chest with great high, plus body buzz through vaporizer, a very insignificant bud as well. Goes well with afternoon coffee.

Active Aqua AACH25HP Hydroponic Water Chiller Cooling System, 1/4 HP, Rated BTU per hour: 3,010, User-Friendly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHHP71C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_rUF7BbJEJYVW4

my wife said the vapor smelled like a Redwood tree…

We ain’t got any of those around here. My sense of smell is poor, therefore I can’t tell as much about taste. I’m sure I’m missing some undertones, never the less, I like it. Not cured yet, but I had to bring some home cause I was tired of smoking trim from last harvest.

Is your setup a partial DWC with fluid always at the bottom of your grow bucket? Trying to decide if it is best to do that, or if it would be better to place the drain in the grow bucket as low as possible. My thinking is that it would be less likely to encounter plythium & other issues by doing that. Pros/cons of either?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking, but I’m in 20gallon containers and I keep my water level about 1 1/2 inches below bottom of the net pot

Do you have your roots suspended in fluid at all times, or do you drain to empty & refill the grow bucket on a timer?

I am trying to determine whether or not the roots have to be suspended in fluid at all times like a deep water culture setup. Is it as effective to drain the grow buckets with gravity, faster than they fill up, so that there is never fluid actually standing in the grow bucket? I intend on 24/7 recirculation of fluids, so they roots will always be wet.

That is exactly what I do. I think it’s called a RDWC (recirculating deep water culture). I have about a 1 1/2" gap between my net pot and the water level. I will start dropping the level a little each week in flower, as per @peachfuzz, to allow for some air roots to grow. Roots, once they reach the water, are from then on UNDER water, except for the gap at the top

You will definitely not have an empty system EVER. Roots naturally prune themselves when exposed to air, but in 100% humidity they are able to survive. Water will lessen in the system as the plant grows and starts to drink more while roots start to take up more space at the same time. My big girl from my last grow drank about a gallon a day when she was in flower, so I was constantly having to fill her up. Also checking ppms to see if there are enough nutes left in the water to accommodate the plant’s feeding needs.

Train Wreck quality update, the longer cure time - chopped 10/17/18- has given her a stronger punch, very pleased with it, plus great bud texture.

Nice I’m getting the same deal purple haze is getting staaank

@ACK go to the top and start. This is one I just finished, I’ll tag you in my new one

what strain is this my Missus wants to know ? :face_with_monocle:

ILGM train wreck

Of rdwc is basically a dwc with a pump to recerc the water the system you are talking about is a ebb&flow system or a full and dump

Yes sir. I have a RDWC system. I’m not sure what you are referring to about the ebb and flow. If you could jog my memory, perhaps