All aboard.... Trainwreck 2 plants, going for 3 lbs

The bulbs are half and half color spectrum. Should I remove some bulbs, or go in another direction.
PS
Damn you’re fast on the reply😁

1 Like

You could try removing something like the warm whites and spacing the others out somewhat evenly.

Sounds great. Which ones are the “warm whites”? The higher numbers, or the lower ones?
Thanks for your help

Lower, like 2700k

Sounds great. I’m thinking about a sort of perpetual grow without too much additional cost. You have been very helpful and I think you should reward yourself and smoke a big fat one.

1 Like

Gonna be busy couple of days, heading out to Vegas Thursday morning. But if I don’t get one in ahead of time I’ll make sure to while I’m there!

I think your light will work pretty well for that. If nothing else you can add a few bulbs later. But give it a shot and see.

1 Like

U want the daylights 6500k that’s what I use right now I get 6 _23 6500k and it’s just fine … Although I dow ant to upgrade u veg set up … after I recoup some breads in a few weeks :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Your answer is INQUIRING MIND …

The Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens in Hydroguard live in bigger, more vigorous colonies than the more common Bacillus Subtillis species - enables them to thrive and perform more effectively in extreme and unfavorable conditions. So cooler temps should be fine.

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013 you have the same plan as me im setting up perpetual from cuts I’m trying to find veg sweet spot right now… I have too Get to a size that allows me to replenish the SOG army yet still make a worth while crop… because really m trying to do a 4 or 5 week pop but I dunno how feisable it’s gonna be because in theory I need to take a second round of cuts before I flower… I might need to have a few mother that I leave behind a round that get thrown in second or third batch to be able to sustain the army after there second round of cuts take I’ll let them catch one more cycle of growth and I’ll throw them in flower the mothers should produce a few really nice colas when they get in there … I have high hopes for it I already have army number one going in solo first 6 plants in 1 gallons as there final home I’m thinking 2 liters might be better … I want to find some tall space saving pots that will allow more roots vertically since plant lights will be reduced with SOG growing… Feel free to brain storm with me bro… Oh! @dbrn32 u said u started with a 400hps I have a question for you underneath the 400 I’m getting a lot of crinkling leaves but underneath the 175 in 150 I’m not but it’s only on a few plants the GSC under the same one is doing no crinkling at all neither was a purple and that was so low 400 all the way to the extreme left I had a random that was under the 175 metal halide and I took everything out prune them rearrange them under the different lights put the random under the 400 this time and it’s starting to crinkle leaves again are you aware of any features in a 400 that cause it to be extra intense because I have it at about 24 plus in above canopy and it’s only under that light doing that are they known to be highly intense I have plenty of air movement and the AC so it’s not heat issue

1 Like

Dam it … after reading what I had posted even I don’t know what I was asking …. between my smoke and med’s I must have been some where other than here lmao.
Sorry about that. I’ll reread this an repost without the help of med’s and smoke … lol

5 Likes

What fun is that, good sir

Not much at all but can’t be posting like that. I mean dam even I didn’t know

1 Like

It’s all good, friend. I do the same thing

2 Likes

That’s just another thing I love about this community. Everyone is very understanding when it comes down to it.

6 Likes

When I started growing, I bought some beans from ILGM. It was much later before I found this forum. The people here are GREAT. I’ve visited a few other sites, they all seemed like jerks and afraid someone else may do better. NOT the case here. EVERYONE seems to have a GENUINE interest in helping others. Also, I’ve NEVER had a reason to look elsewhere for beans.

2 Likes

I’ve been here going on 5 years now and I’ve seen it all pretty much. I lov helping others in there grows. I started growing back in the late 60s.
I work other forums and I just can’t see why anyone would want to be talked to the way they talk to each other. I’ve been talked in a way that would blow you away. Don’t figure does it… lol

2 Likes

@peachfuzz speaking of your lighting, you said don’t use my ballast for 600w bulbs.
Question;
Will it work (with 1000w bulbs) if I turn my ballast down to 600w, or are the bulbs different?
@dbrn32 you probably know the answer to this as well. Just trying to figure out things to set up my perpetual grow.

I’m m not sure how the dimmable ballasts work, but I’d venture to say you’d want the 1000 watt bulb turned down.

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013

Yes you can dim a 1000 watt bulb to 600 or 400 and the ballast will only use about 20-30 watts more than the setting it is on. In example if you have the switch set at 400 watt with a 1000 watt bulb in it it will use about 430 watts. This will reduce your electicity usage and it will reduce your heat by more than half. However it changed the spectrum of the bulb so if your are going to dim it to 400 watts i suggest you purchase a 400 watt bulb in the spectrum you want bc that will stay true. I know about the electricty usage because i have a “kill-a-watt” unit that measures watts used. And you can clearly see the spectrum color difference by the naked eye. NEVER USE A 400 WATT BULB ON THE 600 OR 1000 WATT SETTING. THIS WILL EXPLODE THE BULB AND POSSIBLE CAUSE A FIRE. I REPEAT IF YOU USE A SMALLER WATTAGE BULB ON A HIGHER WATT SETTING YOU MIGHT BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!! Sorry for the caps but i’m trying to help you. Hope this answers your questions and happy growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your help. Forgive me for keep asking, but I’m ganja impaired, and I’m not sure about how to go. Originally I asked, and I probably didn’t explain it good, can I turn my ballast down to 600w and put a 600w bulb in so that I have the correct color spectrum? I DON’T want to screw this up, like I have on other things.
Thanks
@garrigan62 @dbrn32 @peachfuzz