All aboard.... Trainwreck 2 plants, going for 3 lbs

Seems like the"sweet spot" for these are around 1000. Water goes down, PPM’s stay about the same. When I increase my nutes, water goes down and PPM’s go up. I’m as confused as a sterile rabbit.

3 Likes

Ok, if the PPM is going up then there’s a Ph problem. The numbers should go down, or at least stay the same. Your girls are not eating. What is your runoff Ph?

I’m in hydro. After I added the Epsom salt, PPM - 1250 PH - 5.7
I’ve kept an eye on pH daliy and kept it in check.

I keep forgetting you’re in hydro, which I really know nothing about. Just forget I said anything, you’re right, you don’t want to push the numbers too high in hydro, and your Ph is perfect. Your girls look good, so there’s nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Lol, maybe you should try Hydro @raustin
It kinda allows you the opportunity to really figure out exactly what the plant is looking for in a way that can’t be done in soil.

If you put your ppms at 1200, come back the next day and the plant drank one gallon and the ppms are still at 1200ish, then the plant is eating the exact same that it is drinking, thus… You have found the “sweet spot”.

4 Likes

If ppm’s are way higher or lower the next day, then you’re off and not giving the plant the exact amount of fertilizer that it wants

2 Likes

Lol, I’ve thought about going hydro, maybe one day.

See, I didn’t know that about hydro. That’s very different from soil.

3 Likes

I feel like a scientist doing Hydro lol, once you really learn it, you can keep your numbers super optimal for the plant, just another reason that Hydro has exaggerated growth

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I like about it, complete control over the numbers. Im getting a taste of that with the Promix now.

3 Likes

I did the same shit the other day thank God it was only day 3 of flower . With my veg light didn’t put my wall back up and the CFLs were on only an extra 5 hours no biggie

I thought hydro was so much easier when I started and the more I learn, the more I am stunned that my first grow lasted as long as it did. Hydro plants are like spoiled brats from being so pampered compared to these massive outdoor grows that fight off bugs and climate changes. Hydro plants are just so damn spoiled if you ask me.

1 Like

Yeah, but them bitches put out🤣

3 Likes

was about to start DIYing a 5galn bucket to scrog and that scares me reading this loll! might stay with autopots

What’s to be scared of? I screwed up with the light. As far as the leaves being yellow, it can happen to any grow, but when you catch it and know what it is, you can correct it immediately, not so much in dirt

2 Likes

So yesterday I added some Epsom salt as per Professor @Donaldj recommendation. It shot my PPM’s up over 200 and I freaked. When I left yesterday morning, PPM - 1250 PH - 5.7
When I checked this morning
PPM - 1250. PH - 5.7
I’m thinking maybe they were just constipated, or maybe it was me that was full of shit. But she seemed to hit the “sweet spot” for now @TDubWilly. Things change, just have to stay on top of things and they won’t get out of hand.
@Vexer @Blasting

5 Likes

good info over here, i agree that it seems easier to catch up deficiencies or over feeding with hydro since your water actually tells you!

3 Likes

@thcrootz if you go to around post 220+ you can see where I super cropped mine

1 Like

@raustin you were correct. They were hungry for magnesium

3 Likes

Excellent, glad I could help.

1 Like