All aboard.... Trainwreck 2 plants, going for 3 lbs

600w mh light for each plant

50gal water
One cup (approx. 48 tsp) maxi gro
100ml hydrogaurd
20ml ph down
Ph= 5.8
Ppm= 115 (new meter on the way just to be sure)
70 liter per minute air pump feeding 2 4"disk air stones in each container with plants
70 liter per minute air pump feeding 2- 2x4 cylinder air stones in reservoir (water is ROLLING)
920gph recirculation pump
12,000btu a/c
6" duct fan blowing across lights and out of house
Temp 74 th 58%
@Donaldj I’ve never used the maxi series. I went by their recommendation of 1tsp per gallon. Is this correct?
Lights 24" above plants

4 Likes

it’s pretty strong stuff but at tsp you are basically running a liquid 3 part base nutrient at 5ml each per gal I use half in most cases and add Liquid Karma in seedling stage

2 Likes

Look it so pretty

We have growth.

5 Likes

Well, my new PPM meter came today. Went and checked, Ppm=985
F*** me running. Can’t nothing seem to work my way. I went by manufacturers feed chart, and didn’t even use 2 of the products, and PPM level is over twice what it says. I hope I haven’t killed them. I guess I need to drain and start over. What do you think @Donaldj @anybodyelse

1 Like

What about sodium thiosulfate to remove chlorine from tap water? @anybody that knows

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj

@Grandaddy013 ok I grow in rdwc and I had same issuse so I started adding nuits with the ppm meter in the water and I took the total ppm and decided it by the amount of nuits and it seemed to help as well as you can put less of one to add more of another like I’m in week 7 flower and I need more potassium so I drop other stuff down to add more

@BigDaddyCain problem is, I only used one type of nute. I drained 15gals and added 15gals of fresh water to get it where it is now. Problem = I’m out of water. I guess I’ll fill my containers with tap water and set them in the sun. Then I’ll have to figure out how to cool it. I suppose I’ll drain the whole system and start over, just hope I didn’t hurt my babies

Seem to be doing ok

2 Likes

A seedling doesn’t need nuits till the first set of true leaves so that are still yo g for nuits fill it with ph tap water and there will be enough calmag in the tap water then let it run like that for a week and she should be perky and green

They will be fine… do you run your recirculating pump all the yime… ?
If so I would put it on a timer… just so it dont heat up the water… I run mine for 15 min every 5 hours… works like a charm… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@peachfuzz wait you can run a freckle pump like that I thought it needs to be on all the time I’ve had mine on 24/7

You said your pump runs 950 gph…
So that’s basically 235 gallons per 15 minutes… more then enough circulation every 5 hours… and your water temps will stay cooler…
My systems only hold 17 gallons and I can keep water temps in check with no problems…
Every time I see someone running rdwc , they always run there recirculating pump to long and heat up the water and end up with root rot… :wink:
Also it wouldn’t hurt to put up a pic of your setup just in case I have any other suggestions… :wink:

Just wanted to give you the heads up… :grin:

Also for plants that small , I like to start them off around 150 to 250 ppm… that’s just me tho…

4 Likes

@peachfuzz

only pic I have right now

2 Likes

It’s a forest in there so I can’t get a pick now lol

1 Like

So those are 20 gallon trash cans in the pics?

No 5gal buckets

Sorry … I just realized that you aren’t the original poster… :grin:

Ya … you dont want to run that pump 24/7 … no benefit to it…
My comment was for … @Grandaddy013
What size recirculating pump you running @BigDaddyCain?

1 Like

@peachfuzz yes I run my pump 24/7 and put 2-2litre frozen water bottles in everyday. I also keep my room around 72 degrees. I will get some pics tomorrow