PPM - 987. PH - 5.6

8 Likes

Me too, i would say this is almost exactly what i do

2 Likes

PPM - 1030. PH - 5.8

Trimmed off some fan leaves to get more light

5 Likes

@peachfuzz @Donaldj @Bogleg @TDubWilly
Does it make a difference as to what time of day you take your readings? Do they rest with lights out, or continue to eat and drink? Hmmmmm

I donā€™t take my readings when the lights are off because i donā€™t want any light leaks, other than that there might be an optimal time to take readings when the lights are on but out of convenience i just take readings when i get home.

And from my understanding they do not continue to eat and drink when the lights are off, they only need that stuff to complete photosynthesis, and if there is no light then photosynthesis is not taking place.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking, about the photosynthesis. I donā€™t go at night, but sometimes I get there about 5mins before lights come on to get pictures. I was just thinking, in my pea brain, that PPMā€™S may be higher first thing when lights come on. Just smokin and thinkingšŸ˜Ž

Lol they might be, that i dont know. In osmosis, salt will travel through a semi permeable membrane to the side of the membrane with the least salt concentration.

I donā€™t know if roots allow salts to leave though. I know they will let them enter, but when the lights are off, i believe everything moves downwards to the roots and is stored there til the lights come back on, i donā€™t think salts move out of the roots and back into the soil or reservoir.

@Donaldj, maybe you could shed some light

1 Like

Here comes the Professor

I was pondering the possibility of growing bigger plants if I used a 45gal trash can instead of the 20gal size. Iā€™m thinking more area for more roots. Question is, if you build it, will they grow?

2 Likes

Yes, but your other variables like lights will have to be upgraded also to accommodate your giant plants.

Sounds like you have very big aspirations

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013 are you using hps lights? What wattage? How many? Iā€™m scrogging with hps too and am just curious.

1 Like

1000w 2 lights, 2 plants

1 Like

Go big or go home :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

You are talking loco, and I love it! :wink::v:

1 Like

Nice wattageā€‹:sunglasses: thatā€™s like 2 v8s.:muscle:

heck ya! get after it magn! 2000W kickin a$$!!!

2 Likes

Lol I wouldnā€™t see it effecting much being that your plants will tend to draw up nutrients and moisture even during dark cycle just at a slowed pace and not nutrients as much as water. Salts do not tend to exit your plants via roots but water pressure or turgid nature of leaves and plant as a whole greatly lowers during dark cycle (limp leafs)

5 Likes

Ty Donald j

1 Like

Iā€™m not doing something right with my lights now, I havenā€™t achieved the proverbial gram per watt yet. I was thinking a larger hood/reflector like @peachfuzz has and maybe a light mover. I watched a video yesterday of a woman getting 3+ pounds per light with a 600w light on a mover. I didnā€™t have a chance to watch it all, but it got me to thinking. This will be my 5th or 6th grow, and is a quantum leap above any I had before, due to the fact that all you good people have helped me. Iā€™m going to have to study up on this ā€œlight moverā€ thing, it intrigues me.

3 Likes

You can also get your gram/watt up by dropping your wattage. I just bought a quantum board for my small tent. This took me from 500 watts down to 260 watts but im still producing the same amount of light. If my calculations are correct, i should be at about 1.2 - 1.3 grams/watt at harvest. If i kept the 500 watts worth of LEDs instead of going to the quantum board i would have been at about .7 grams/ watt

500watts

260 watt quantum board

I have a larger light that i need to build out but have been waiting til Iā€™m done with my grow room.

It produces the same amount of light as a 1000 watt hps butt only consumes 600 watts of electricity

https://chilledgrowlights.com/our-products-services/diy-led-grow-light-parts/diy-led-boards-and-heatsinks/chilled-logic-100w-pcb

Dropping your electricity consumption while still producing the same amount of weed is how i my gram/watt is going up. i wish it was going up from producing way more weed while still consuming the same amount of electricity

6 Likes