All aboard.... Trainwreck 2 plants, going for 3 lbs

How often are you doing res changes?
I try to do res changes every 14 days…
So basically five res changes for one flowering period… and just good ph’d water in between res changes for topping off res… I’ll usually let my main res get down to 1/3 towards res changes , so as to not waste water… so I basically stop topping off 2 to 3 days before res change… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@peachfuzz damn timer didn’t work. I brought it home so I could look at the directions with my glasses on.

@peachfuzz I did a water change 17 days ago. How many gallons does your system hold

1 Like

PPM shouldn’t fluctuate too much if you have it set correctly it should remain close to stable between res changes only slightly lowering unless you top up regular with just ph’d water. PPM is what is avail for plants to consume and should stay constant even as water level drops meaning they eat at same rate as drink if it raises or lowers your ppm is too high or too low if even after top off it is same yet plants show no signs of burn or issue you are fine if however it raises even after top off it is too strong

2 Likes

Would it be ok to trim off some of these huge fan leaves where I can get some light penetration

@peachfuzz I got the timer situation straightened out today for the water pump.

@Bogleg. I guess I’m just stupid. Had the meters sitting on top of a/c. Moved meters and all are saying around 47%. I’ve got to do something to get the humidity up. I was thinking of a pond fogger. Any suggestions

1 Like

I use a cool mist lil swamp cooler… works like a charm…
I’ll try to get a pic of it for you…:wink:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

PPM-1130. PH-6.0
Raised the lights a little more, and fimed the taller tops. Just waiting on the lower tops to catch up so I can scrog these hookers out

2 Likes

@TDubWilly you said you let them grow through the canopy about 6-8in then bend them over and tie them down. Do you do that as individual shoots reach that point, or wait till all of them do?

1 Like

@peachfuzz got pump on timer and working. Already noticed drop in water temperature. Thanks for the tip

@raustin your grow is looking beautiful. Hope your still not having problems with Jolene

1 Like

Thanks, luv. :kissing_closed_eyes:

@dbrn32 are the light meters you download on your phone any good, and are they useful? I downloaded one, but ain’t got a clue what it’s telling me

The main branches, you can let them grow whatever length through the netting, but because of height restrictions I only let them grow 6 - 8 inches through, super crop them, then bend them over and tie them down. I seen videos of people letting them grow 3’ past where they will put their net, then super crop and bend over.

As far as the side shoots, for me it depends on how thick I want my canopy. If im using cheap lights that don’t get good penetration, then I go ahead and tie them down quickly and keep the canopy thin but if I’m running some lights that I’m confident in their penetration ability, then I can let colas get a little longer, hence allowing me to be not so aggressive in tying down shoots.

Either way is correct, just depends on what your shooting for :wink:

2 Likes

@TDubWilly I’m using a 1000w MH/HPS light on each plant. I was worried that if I tied down some now and some later, my canopy would not be even, unless I kept the new growth on the ones already tied down, tied down. You being the Sultan of Scrog, I wanted to know how you did it.

1 Like

Man there were times that I’ve spent up to two hours tying down the canopy at night. Now part of that is because to accessibility due to not being able to open the tent up on all sides, so I had to reach across the plant to tie the far sides instead of being able to walk around to that side.

Not true LMAO. I only do what my space and equipment allow for and I guess it causes the plants to look photogenic lol.

This guy has plenty of penetration power as long as it’s at the right height and you don’t grow your plant to large and out do the lights foot print.

3 Likes

@TDubWilly and just how do you put those exerts (quotes) from my post on yours?

1 Like

I highlight what I want to put in my post and when you do that a quote button will appear like in the picture with the arrow

Hit the quote button and it will open up a new post with what you highlighted in it :wink:

I can’t say they’re all shit, but the one I downloaded was useless.

Hay @raustin tag me in ur grow I wanna see

1 Like