Alexankh's Quest For a Pound of Gold Leaf, starting January 6th, 2022

They are looking really good. Enjoying the ride!! :blush::v:

2 Likes

Nice. Bout to drop 3 auto seeds and a fem photo today and get some stuff going for my tent. Hopefully I can get on a kick of making a journal out of it. I’m horrible at updating stuff tho I’m always on everyone’s thread but my own is proy whylol

3 Likes

You can also post/journal it here :

3 Likes

Worth it if you want to isolate particular traits for breeding your own characteristics into plants. Land race strains are remarkably hardy and stable - for example I would be trying to find the land race strains which most closely mirrored my climate to grow outside or in a greenhouse because they will be the best candidate to be heat and drought resistant. I’m actually going to try and grow one or two landraces over the summer - with any luck at all one will be male. If not, I’ll try to reverse one. Then perhaps down the road I can preserve the drought-resistant trait while slowly scooting up the THC potency or altering the terpene profiles with different strain crosses.

3 Likes

if ever anybody is interested in growing a “pure as can get” landrace cultivar…here you go … be warned, they not cheap…but this is where you can be assured of your genetics…
tier 4 for the African strains
:sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Sorry Arrow, I had to edit the link due to forum policy

2 Likes

2/14/2022 - Day 40

I’d say they bounced back.

Alright, when should I think about flipping?

Happy growing

10 Likes

Now! The tent will fill in less than a week

2 Likes

haha im itching for it!

1 Like

If you’re itching flip! Don’t let us delay you. I flipped two 9" yesterday. I don’t have 3 months to veg a damn plant. I flip at day 35 usually but these two made it to 40 & 42. I’ve seen enough of them and that’s that. On to the next

9 Likes

I have run out of words to describe how Good they look! :blush::v:

1 Like

The landrace arguement. Always enlightened. But there is one thing. True landrace does not exist anymore. Hasn’t since the Hun dynasty… Anyway… the landrace (by way of humans, so not) strains often provide a more balanced and reliable product. Most are 50:50 even. In context, so like 5/15. I’ve been smoking for over 15 years with knowledge of what I was smoking. Those old 5/15s will give you a much more exceptional buzz, ime, than any 0/30 (30% THC) ever would.

When chemicals acrue and succeed in nature with little help and nudge. Only humans would be foolish enough to think they could improve the product their ancestors spent generations spent cultivating and breeding. What we can do? Use our tech to grow them with far greater capabilities. But the strains/genos/phenos, are not better. They are worse. Just so few people, previously, had even the slightest inclination of how to supplement effectively the needs of this plant… so now there are easier to grow higher grade strains. Great… ish. There will always be a niche for expert landrace cultivation, you won’t find a single landrace strain on ILGM though. Also wouldn’t attempt untill sure of skill. As none of them yeild well without extra care. But when you have a decided patch outside, I’d recommend RSC (Google RSC seed or therealseedcompany dot com)
Although with access to proper clones or a lucky genotrait pull (it can’t be pheno before the seed has sprouted, only geno is in effect at this point. Genotrait is 100% genetics, pheno takes into consideration the environment, kind of dumb to chase a pheno, not a geno) landrace strains quickly become obsolete. Since the right hybrids will destroy them on all fronts indoors, respectively.

Also note that most remaining landraces are more hashish than flower geared. Don’t want to overwhelm with information. But that is where hashish bud and conventional differ. So many hash strains I hear about people smoking. Like afghan… which is not intended to be smoked in flower form. I think much the same of ilgm Chocolope. Can’t be put in a grinder. All small trics. Makes for hella hash… this is where tric structure comes into play. But that isn’t discussed much here. Just like Chocolope isn’t a popular strain here for some reason. But I can say the second best bubble hash I ever made was from the same said Chocolope.

5 Likes

2/15/2022 - Day 41

They are still loving life.

And my clones appear to be alive! I used the azos product from xtreme gardening that they give away in their sampler pack (thanks @JiggaMan1987 ). These clones were looking rough when I first took them and now they all appear to be alive and trending positive. I also top dressed with a little myco.

My plan is to keep vegging and flip on Sunday and I will move the clones to a veg cabinet.

Happy growing

17 Likes

I’m happy it helped u my man. I’m actually about to make some of the tea in a second finally and see how that works out

3 Likes

I got my sample kit a couple weeks back and I’m tempted to save it till the next clone run and do some head-to-head comparisons on the genetically identical plants.
Might make for some interesting comparisons.
My biggest fear is the treated ladies will get so big and healthy I’ll abandon the experiment out of pity for the lesser girls!
I have no Buddhist sense of detachment, but oddly enough come harvest time I totally get the theory of impermanence. :grinning: :laughing: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anxious to watch these ladies fill out and fulfill their Buddhist destiny! :rofl:

4 Likes

Those ladies are looking fantastic. Personally i would wait a few more weeks before flipping some more training and clipping can give you a few more colas

3 Likes

Chocolope is straight :fire:

10 Likes

Then why are only two of us in the som contest?

I mean. You can’t say I don’t have a very legit point…

That Chocolope was the best calyx stacking plant I ever had. There wasn’t one single foxtail anywhere on it (which im sure some will mistake the structure for foxtailing, just preemptively pointing it out. That’s the entire structure of all the buds, not just stacked calyx poking out of some buds at random (foxtail) . I entered the third best looking bud… was drunk. I know I could fix… but… don’t care enough to put in the effort. Lol. Technically I entered the third best bud from the second best plant… Lol. My third Chocolope was the best. That was the last generation clone of her. The original tho…

9 Likes

I am growing some ILGM Chocolope this summer. :cry:

5 Likes

@Budz mine isn’t ilgm it’s crop king. It’s from a self feminized seed. I would have entered if it were ilgm.

3 Likes