ALERT**GalaxyHydro 300w Full Spectrum LED

Thanks yall

I looked on amazon and their info about the lamp has changed. When I bought mine a yr ago this was the info and it shocked me what they were recommending for height @bitcher but I and @Countryboyjvd1971 tended to run them in flower and after they got large enogh at the 18-24" range.

CB283202394__SL300_

2 Likes

Yep. I was way too close to the plants. I didnā€™t realize the height requirements when I bought them. They wonā€™t work for me only because I donā€™t have enough room in my grow closet. For sale.:yum:

Return them if you complain to GH they will likely take them back. @bitcher of course, your results may vary.

Been lucky have has no issues with 2 of the 300ā€™s - they are a good cheap LED to learn from - looking at the california light works 550

2 Likes

the distances are un-real - one cab get by growing at 20-28 inches and flower at 10-8 inches

In flower I have ran mine as close as 6 in without damage if I put my gh 300 that far from my plant they stretch I maintain 20 to 24 till good veg then 16 to 18 in

1 Like

Thanks !!! close to what I do veg at 28-24 and then to 18 inches - flowering now at 12 inches now in late flower - are you suggesting to move to 6 inches ? found a PAR measurement for the galaxyhydro - can give it to you if you want to see it ā€“ could not ever find a so called par chart for those lights Par per distance I do remember that at 12 inches is 762 PAR !!! good PAR range is from 700- 400

1 Like

I find that during flower, any closer than 24", and my plants start showing light burn issues.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see it. Iā€™m not saying lower 6 just saying I had to and there were no Iā€™ll effects. My understanding is the light needs 14 to 16 in to get a good light blend

1 Like

moved to 15 inches - thanks ! ā€œSirsmokesā€ yea - 6 inches is way to close for that LED now for CLā€™s that would be a good 2-6 inches from top of plant

I have two of these that i bought 2 years ago the leds are going out or have went out . I dont grow cannabis but its the only forum that iv found talking about galaxyhydro. I need info about a replacement led panel if I can buy 2 of them . Any help would be appreciated ty

1 Like

2 years on one is pretty good. Theyā€™re not the best lights on the market, but for blurple lights you could do worse.

Are you using them in an aquarium? Are you wanting to buy the same lights? Similarly priced lights? Better lights?

1 Like

I was trying to see about just the led panel with the leds so I can just replace the panel . These worked great with my bonsais and pineapples

Contact them and see about getting a replacement pcb.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been searching all over the net to find them and canā€™t find any info besides amazon or ebay sellers.

1 Like

Did you buy on Amazon? Go leave a bad review and I bet they will find you haha.

Go to Amazon. Find the product. Look for this, a link of the Coā€™s name just above your delivery address

Click the company name, which will take you to this:

Click the yellow button and ask your question.

2 Likes

Haha I thought about that also. I sent them a email via amazon . And did find them in San Francisco CA and tried to get ahold of customer service but the send link didnā€™t work (emagen that) lol . I know there not the best lights but Iā€™m disabled i canā€™t work and on a strict budget and at the price I got them was heaven . I didnā€™t have any issues with them until one led went out then it was like a domino effect I tested the drivers and they work so I changed out the bad individual leds and then they all went out but it was like right at the two year mark for both . I guess I can save until I can get a new one and keep running my 250 my for now .oh well hopefully they contact me .But I bet Iā€™d be better off just buying a new one vs just the pcb panel as it might cost substantially more.

1 Like

If youā€™re cable of doing that work, and canā€™t get a suitable replacement, I may be able to find some components you can use in place. A few of the members here have gutted similar lights and replaced the leds.

1 Like