Alcohol, rosin press and bho

I’m just learning how to do this, every batch is an experiment. I’ve screwed some up but but not to bad. I’ve yet to have a cartridge clog but I’ve had some separate while using pressed rosin. I think if I winterize it I won’t have to use nearly as much liquidizer or terpenes.
I still have about 7g left to play with before I have to make some more oil

Terpenes are to privacy for me :man_facepalming:
I bet they do taste good though.
My carts get filled with bho thinned down with PG just enough to flow through the cart.
Taste like whatever the wax did and cost me pennies per cart :grin:

2 Likes

Do you use a dewaxing column or do you winterize your bho

2 Likes

It looks good… really killing it love the experiment

1 Like

I do neither. I use homemade tubes for extraction and no special treatment really after that.
I use to use a vacuum to purge it, but over the years I’ve learned that it’s not even necessary long as I give it a good whipping while makeing it. Can’t tell the difference it my whipped now from my vacuum purged then.

Alot of times it’s solid “shater” and hard to deal with and I kinda wish it was more oily… :confused:

As far as it’s shelf life I have had solid wax near shatter that weeks later I’d open up and it would be a crumble consistency :man_shrugging: it was still just as good, just didn’t stay shatter for weeks…

I rarely run more then an once of material at a time and when I started making bho there was no machine made to do it yet so I still do old school with great results now :grin:

2 Likes

I’m doing a qwet, this is what I pulled out
All that would have been going into my lungs

3 Likes

Looking good

1 Like

1 Like

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pulling the remaining alcohol out

How long do I need to purge this for

All this new 2 me. I only know 2 press sadly

Yesterday I did 2 bho runs one was with a 1.5" x 18" dewaxing column the other was with a 1.5" x 6" material column. I had a couple of issues but it definitely was a success.
I had a can piercer completely fail on me, freaked me the F out, but I handled it. I had a 2nd one that worked perfectly. Thank God. I now have my recovery tank loaded with 6 cans of distilled butane so no need for a can piercer any time soon. Tomorrow I’m gonna run the dewaxing column again. I don’t think I ran enough butane through it, next time I should end up with quite a bit more final product.

Nice whenever u can post the results would love 2 c the products u cooking lol

2 Likes

I would have had more pictures but my phone died in the middle of it. This is a couple of samples

2 Likes

I ran the dewaxing column today it’s still being recovered back into the recovery tank right now. This time it went much easier.

2 Likes

Had to do a rerun on the dewaxing column from Sunday to make up for not putting enough butane through it the first time.

3 Likes

Looking real good love the color coming out

2 Likes

Tested positive for covid yesterday

Can’t like that. Hope all is well sir and the family stay safe and ima pray 4 healing

1 Like