Alcohol, rosin press and bho

I did a qwet today with 2ozs of sugar leaves and larf buds from one of my Banana Kush

Don’t have a final weight yet but it’s way more than I thought. While I was recovering the alcohol I pressed some Black Widow flower 2 runs of 7g each

I got 1.7g from one and 1.2 from the other one, done at a lower temp. I have the rest of my bho equipment coming this week. I’ll have that up and running soon.

7 Likes

Looks delicious!

3 Likes

Idk how missed this. But man oh man that looks so good makes you wanna smack ya mama

3 Likes

Final weight of the alcohol extraction

It’s not as dark as it looks in the picture 11.67g from 2oz of larf and sugar leaves

1 Like

I’m gonna use this as sort of a journal on making concentrates 3 diff ways with some experiments and comparisons. Can’t wait for the rest of my bho stuff to arrive.

1 Like

What kind of machine is that? A new version of the isomerizer?

Are you asking about the rosin press
It’s made by Anbull it’s a 4 or 5 tun press I can’t remember at the moment, just did some dabs.
I got this for make bho but I’m waiting for some equipment to go with it

2 Likes

The alcohol extraction I did with a distiller and some everclear I filled 2 mason jars with larf trim left over from a Banana Kush and put them in the freezer for a few days. I used 1500ml of everclear that’s been in my freezer for weeks @-2 then ran it through coffee filters 3 times and put it in the distiller until It was oil. Then I spread it out on parchment paper and put a fan on it for 24hrs
I have a vacuum chamber coming Friday

2 Likes

The isomerizer was similar, using alcohol to extract juice from the weed. I bought one off a High Times ad back in '76. Got tired of the oil and gave it to a friend who gave it to a friend. I use to make homemade tai sticks and coat them with oil. Not all the way cooked down oil, enough alcohol to be able to suck it up in a turkey baster then put it on the tai sticks.

Made some sticks again this year thinking I’d do the method you mentioned with the sheet of glass as I’ve seen that done before. That idea got blown off as I was unsure of results along with laziness.

Bho all day. Heat press is cool but I actually hit mine with butane after its been pressed and recover a good bit.
Alcohol is to much work I think and waiting :man_shrugging:
Just my opinion :grin:

1 Like

A friend had an isomerizer back in the day we made a bunch of oil but it was always harsh and messy. We would put a few drops in a spoon then put some broken up bud in and put heat to it. Then we’d mix it all together and roll a joint. Over 40yrs later and my lungs still hurt thinking about it

2 Likes

Are you saying you run the pressed pucks through the bho extractor or the rosin.

1 Like

Sounds like it, and I’m sure it could be done. I would break it up, the end result might be a little harsh, but I’m sure you’d get something out of it.

1 Like

Great job def looking for the bho

I collect them and bust em up in a coffee grinder and and then butane extraction. It’s not like it’s alot but it definitely leaves some behind. Just try it if you never have…

Exactly correct, I usely add to eatables or give it away. But yeah I hit it with coffee grinder and normal butane extraction .

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it no need I’ll decarboxylate the pucks and make butter

2 Likes

Just made some cartridges with the oil from the alcohol extraction I did the other day
I used 3.5g of oil 2ml of wax liquidizer and 4ml of Limon skunk terpene

My best batch so far for taste and buzz

2 Likes

@plumbdand what are you using to fill the cartridge? Color looks great!

I did an alcohol wash on some trim and small larf buds ran it through coffee filters ran it through a distiller put it in the fridge for a few days. I put it in a vacuum chamber and ran it until there were no bubbles about 30 minutes. Then I put it in the oven at 180 for an hour to decarboxylate it.