AK47 week 5 flower

1st grow I’ll be going into my 5th week of flower in a couple of days. As you can see it’s inside, I have an a/c plugged into an Inkbird ITC308 keeping a temp from 75-82. I’ve been watering as needed by visual examing plant. On 4/21 I added Big Buds & Buds & Bloom(last time I added nutrients). I’ve always used distilled water from day 1. Plants started looking withered so I added Cal Mag on 5/5. They perked up after that. They started looking withered again yesterday so I watered each one 1 gallon distilled. Today I see lots of yellow leaves. My humidity is running 66% & up. I know or think my humidity needs to be low but the plants start withering. I’ve put a humidifier in room. I have 2 small fans blowing in room also. I’ve been told by my family (who know nothing about growing) I make this more difficult than it should be. I would appreciate advice on what to do & if I’m getting close to harvest???

Definitely need to stay UNDER 50% mark. This will reduce the chances of bud rot.
To keep them from withering, I would water more often. Every other day watering at this stage is not on uncommon, across most mediums.

When using distilled water, you need to supplement calcium, so continue adding that on a regular schedule.

5th week of flowering you have a long ways to go.you want 85% of the pistils to turn brown before you consider it getting close. You want your flower to look like this when it’s done:

8 Likes

That’s what I was gonna say. LOL
Patience is the hardest part of growing quality buds.

2 Likes

thick colas need air movement(a fan) to keep mold down…spread colas open often to check for mold

2 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s advice.

They are in the cloth 7 gallon pots. How much water do you normally give each plant? Can you give CalMag u p until harvest or do I need to stop it a couple of weeks begg go ore?
Thank you!

1 Like

Id stop all nutes 2 weeks before u chop and just phd water thru the last 2 weeks to flush oit whats in the soil and plant. Makes for a sloght better tasting product

Ok
How much water do u normally use?
I had read somewhere 1 gallon but don’t want to overwater if I do it every 2-3 days.

Is your water very high ppm or chlorinated and that is why you are using distilled? If you have a dehumidifier start running it. Free source of distilled other than cost of electricity.
With distilled you more than likely need calmag until it stops growing. Tap water usually has cal and mag so one doesn’t need to supplement as much.
Yellowing leaves on bottom often indicates the the plant is hungry and catabolizing itself. I am not familiar with the nutes but definitely feed during flower. They really need the extra nourishment.
As to amount to water? It is hard to pinpoint. Higher RH slows uptake and evaporation. The type of soil plays a big part too. When I have 4 plants all in 5 gallon fabric pots and well into flower I would mix 5 gallons and use every drop every 3-4 days.
Your AKs look great. I have grown the photoperiods from seed and then from clones. Nice consistent ILGM strain

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions! Appreciate all the help!

1 Like

I’m growing AK-47 in week 8 flower. I’m giving them 1 gal every 3 days at 6.5ph using Jack’s nutes and tapwater that has been aerated for 24 hours.

3 Likes

Thanks! Would love to see what yours look like whenever you have time & if don’t mind.

Don’t mind the stubborn Chocolope on the right. AK is on the left.

3 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

you’re welcome, the chocolope is being finicky but the AK, bubblegum and sour diesel have been wonderful to work with

1 Like

Nice I’m growing 5 of these and they are finishing week 10 of flower with about 3 more weeks to go I’m hoping.

1 Like

Nice , my girls are barely showing pistils a way to go still

2 Likes