AK47, NL auto and purple bud clone journal

Add a tsp of hydrogen peroxide

2 Likes

I have 12% there so I take it I add 1/4 teaspoon

Just checked my babies there and the auto is surging ahead of the 2 photos. My G13 has finally shown a tap root but not looking good at all. I’ve potted her tonight and left her on the heat mat. Just need to see how she gets on

Looks like my G13 is a non starter. Tried everything. I got the smallest weediest looking tap root I’ve ever seen and she’s in soil but not confident at all with this one :slightly_frowning_face:. I’ve contacted the seed bank this morning. Be interesting to see how I get on

A47 coming along nicely

NL taking the lead

Purple wreck a little smaller but two days younger than the rest

Two Purple bud clones that I’m trying to force back into veg

Strong smell of ammonia in the tent tonight. No idea where that’s coming from. Any ideas guys

3 Likes

Transplanted my babies into their 5 gal pots tonight 8th April. The ammonia smell was coming from the roots of one of my clones, so it’s out of there till I find out what’s going on there.

Due to the lockdown I’ve had to reuse my old compost so I raided my greenhouse and mixed up some fish, blood and bone meal into my existing compost. I also added some store bought, bagged manure that’s about 2 years old now. PPM going in was about 1000 on the 500 scale and coming out was around 1300 so it looks like my mix is a little hot. Checked my PH due to the higher PPM runoff and my PH is 6.0. Meter is spot on as I have the calibration fluid there. So my plan is a water only diet until until my runoff starts to drop and my PH heads back to 6.8. Plants are thriving and looking good. I will post pics tomorrow because I forgot tonight :crazy_face:

1 Like

AK47 is on the left, NL is in the centre and Purple Wreck is on the right. All in the same soil, all fed at the same time yet the NL auto is streaking ahead. That’s 4 weeks today Monday 13th April and she’s 12" from the top of the soil. The other two are 5" and look bushier :thinking:

1 Like

Northern lights is taking off. It has grown 3" since Monday, now standing 15" . The other 2 have grown by an inch so not much movement there. Can’t believe how much this auto is going for it. LST is next I think. Not sure about the fimming thing, never done it before, thoughts?

2 Likes

Looking good brother :+1: :v:

1 Like

Auto is now touching the net and she’s showing me she’s 100% a lady :scream:. Forgot my PH was off, checked it tonight and near wet myself then I remembered it was way out, sitting around 6.5 now so they should start eating again. PPM was 1300 on two and 750 on the AK so all good

1 Like

Went in tonight(Friday 17th April)with the intention of supercropping my NL auto and bottled it :joy::joy:. Went with some LST instead and topped both my AK and the Purple wreck. Used both tops as cuttings so fingers crossed. My purple bud clones are super squat and slowly re-vegging. Can’t see me doing that again as they’re taking ages.

That’s my NL flowering. She broke the surface on the 19th March, 4 weeks later and shes flowering :heart_eyes:.

Don’t know whether to start a new journal for these or stick them in here. Dropped 3 “high priority” autos tonight. Don’t know how I ended up with these, think I mucked up on the order :joy:. They’re on the radiator, in the dark with their paper towel so fingers crossed.

According to the book the NL flowering time is 35-49 days. Be interesting to see how it goes :sunglasses:

Just watching my purple bud clones revegging, that is so odd to watch

In case anyone was wondering what revegging looks like. Purple bud photo clones

Not sure what the yellow stripes are on this one. Need to figure that one out

4 Likes

New lights came today and old lights came out. So this is day one for the QB’s.
A thing I have noticed about my clones is while the MH was on they just sat there and did nothing. As soon as I added the HPS they went nuts with new growth popping out all over the place. Coincidence or did the new added wavelength give them a boost. If the HPS gave them a boost then it figures that the orange would be the preferred light for revegging, would that be right @dbrn32

1 Like

It really depends on part of the process that you’re looking at. I have read that the typical flowering spectrum helps roots develop a faster. But I’m not sure about revegging. I feel like that is more of a tinkering thing that doesn’t get a lot of attention due to amount of time it takes. Most of the money get tossed at growing most amount of weed in shortest amount of time and chemical makeup.

I do know that hps spectrum will create some internodal elongation. That will make plants gain height.

1 Like

Just seemed odd that they took off after the HPS went in. I will research the wavelength and see what pops up regarding plant biology. I hear you about the bulking the plants for profit and binning the rest, I just love cloning and tinkering tbh

1 Like

Lights have been running now for 6hrs and already my temperature is a stable 81 and my RH is 28 and climbing. So there’s a benefit to these lights straight away. I have a 6 inch clip on fan pointed in their direction as those drivers get hot :scream:

1 Like