AK47, NL auto and purple bud clone journal

Here we grow again. Just dropped my very first AK47 bean this morning 15th March alongside an NL auto. Damp paper towel in the bag and zipped shut. Is it best to keep the seeds in the dark while germinating or does it not matter. Can’t remember what I did last time :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face: Going to grow a Northern lights auto alongside this one just because I like NL and haven’t grown one for a while. I have about 6 purple bud clones that I’m going to reveg. Just going to grow the lot together then scrog and see what happens. Won’t scrog the auto though :sunglasses:. Both seeds on the radiator at 80f.

3 Likes

Everything I’ve seen says to keep them warm and in the dark. Set to watch. Going to do NL on my next grow. Good Luck with your grow.

2 Likes

I keep them in the dark and my bathroom is 69 degrees and I don’t use a heating pad either. 100% tap root achieved this way.

Soak seeds 18 to 24 hours.
Transfer to damp toilet paper for 48 hours.
Straight into their forever home and placed in the tent and my lights is at the top of the grow tent which is 80” tall.

2 Likes

Into the dark they go. I’ve done well with my seeds in the past, just cant remember what I did. If I put them in the house they get tidied away so I keep them in my grow room. First time doing AK47 so should be interesting. Looking forward to this. I’m mid harvest with my purple bud and man are they sticky

2 Likes

I’m set to watching and gonna tag along if you don’t mind :+1: :v:

1 Like

Welcome aboard :sunglasses:

1 Like

So, less than 24hrs since I started to soak my seeds and the AK47 has a tap root :heart_eyes:. I’ve also stuck a purple wreck into the mix as well :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looking good. I will pot her up tomorrow. 6" pot for starters then into a 5 gal pot when she’s ready. Going to leave my scrog net up and let them grow through it then super crop them flat and tie them down. Plan on putting a second net about 6" above the first net to support the colas as they reach for the light, thoughts?

3 Likes

That’s my NL auto showing her tail now. Just need my purple wreck to pop now and we’re off

1 Like

NL and AK47 both potted and in the tent tonight 16th March. The purple wreck is just starting to show her tail so all going well will be potted up tomorrow night :sunglasses:

Purple wreck is really slow. Tail hasn’t grown much at all. Potted her up anyway 18th March and gave her a drink. The little bit of kitchen roll that I used while they popped is in the soil with them. It’s warm and moist so it should help them in the short term. That’s all 3 on the radiator now and letting nature work her magic :heart_eyes:

AK47 and NL have broken the surface this morning 19th and are looking good. I will post pictures tonight :sunglasses:. Purple wreck was popped a little later so should appear over the next few days

1 Like

AK47, first time growing this one

NL auto. Both going into my tent tonight

1 Like

Thought I would stick a G13 x blueberry headband in as well. Heard some wonderful things about the G-seeds. Seed is soaking just now 20th March

Purple wreck broke the surface today. G13 is currently soaking and hopefully have a tap root soon :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @Davyg… are you talking about G13 Labs?? Because I just started to grow a G13 Labs seed called ‘Strawberry Eclair’. It’s a cross between ‘Strawberry Cough’, ‘Girl Scout Cookies’ and ‘Casey Jones’. Strawberry Eclair is a limited edition strain that has been produced in collaboration with Connoisseur Genetics. It’s a photo plant, and it’s 50% Indica / 50% Sativa.

2 Likes

Yep its G13 x blueberry headband. 60/40 indica saliva. Never grown it before so be interesting to see how it goes :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Davyg… Mine is only 4 days above soil. she’s a baby!

1 Like

I’m waiting on the tap root appearing on mine just now. Been told it’s pretty awesome

5 days on and still no tap root on my G13. I think I know what’s wrong. I used tap water instead of water from my water butt. Sorted that today, changed the water for fresh stuff. I noticed the seed had cracked but no tap root yet