AK-47 Auto day 59, 8 wk 3 days

I don’t use organic fertilizers so I don’t have an appreciation of how they are added and impact ppms, but when I had plants that had ppms over 3500 (I had one at 7500) they got messed up. I defer to @raustin here, but I am thinking it may need to be flushed.

That’s a really high PPM! You need to do a flush. Sorry I missed this yesterday.

@raustin what ppm would you recommend for flushing?

Just flush with plain Ph water at 6.5 and try to get the PPM as low as you can. So keep running water through her and keep checking the PPM until it’s around 500 or lower. Once you’re there, you can add a gallon of nutrients at around 1200 PPM.

@raustin thank you for that advice!

1 Like

@raustin flushed for several hours, 20 gallons I believe. It’s in a 5 gallon fabric pot.

Water I used to flush with was 6.5, 170 ppm
The last gallon that came out of the pot was right below 600 (595)ppm and pH was 6.8

I didn’t add any tea or anything after the last gallon.

Excellent! You did good. Now add in your nutes, make sure you adjust the Ph to 6.5.

@raustin do you use organic nutrients?
I have Dr Earth flower girl I was going to make a tea using it, molasses and BPN seaweed extract.

Thoughts?

No, I don’t, but I would make your tea the way you always do, then Ph it, and give it to her.

Sounds like good stuff.

Hey @raustin made a Dr. Earth Flower girl tea this morning with 1/2 cup flower girl in a sock, 2 gallons of pH 6.5 water, 5ml BPN seaweed extract, and 2 TBS molasses.

I diluted the tea to 800ppm TDS and watered 2 gallons of it on the plant.
The run off was 1,000ppm TDS.

Thoughts? Is this okay?

Excellent, 1000 PPM is good. What’s the runoff Ph?

Been 6.8 pretty consistently

6.8 is good, but don’t let it get any higher, 6.5 is always your target.

1 Like

Watered with 6 gallons at pH 6.5 tonight, 580-600ppm TDS flower girl tea and the runoff was 6.7 and 980ppm TDS.
Here are some updated pictures this week.
Yesterday marked 10 weeks from germination.
Hopefully my jewelers loops will come Monday so I can start checking trichs.
@raustin, or anyone else have any other advice?

3 Likes

Looks great! My White widow autos went 12-13 weeks in total. You are almost there.

@Sixpackdad is it normal for this much reddening during the later stages of flowering?
I dunno if this is a result of my fertilizer issue a few weeks ago or what.
Will this impact taste?

I don’t know if it will impact taste. I haven’t grown enough to distinguish.

I never had a reddening plant, although I have had some bronze and purple. Your plants look nice. I had yellowing fan leaves as I approached harvest too.

She’s just eating herself, those fall colors are a good thing. You’re going to have a nice smooth smoke.

1 Like

Here she is at 10 weeks, 3 days.
Checked the trichomes today, about half clear, half milky, and I can’t find any amber yet.
The yellowing has increased in the last few days, and the reddening has gotten more intense.

Has anyone had this happen with an ILGM AK-47 Auto before? I am failing to find red colors on this strain…?

The smell is super intense as well, and the buds are quite dense feeling and extremely sticky.

4 Likes

I’m interested to see what your final weigh in will be. Looks like the calax are swelling up nicely and starting to look gooey. What is the height of your AK? I’ll be following along to see the progess so keep it up!