Air purifying smelly room

Looking for a good air filter for my grow room,any suggestions? 6 in blower

3 Likes

Got a good carbon filter on amazon.

3 Likes

I am planning a two plant first grow, have a 2x4 foot print tent. From what I’ve read the odor mainly starts when flowering?
I’m trying to keep expenses down, as much as possible. I know it’s a relative subjective question, but how strong odor should I expect with 2 plants, autoflowering?

1 Like

@laurap which one did you get

2 Likes

I have a 4x8 tent and I’ve got this one:

Controlled by this:

2 Likes

Terrabloom. Theyve got one $59 & one $79

Here a 6 inch filter combo kit
If you have a tan already just go with the filter
The ipower filters have removable flanges so tou can flip filter and extend its light fe to 16 months or so
I have several of theses filter and will say you can hide a decomposing body in the grow room and nobody would no :grinning::+1:

5 Likes

I’m sorry but I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Too funny hahaha

1 Like

Hahahha i did while typing @neckNflu

1 Like

Perfect,thats the info i was lloking for. Thank you so much

1 Like

@Happygrow you can look on Amazon and build your own set up the terra exhaust fan is a nice fan I actually have one of them also
I do recommend the ipower charcoal filters tho fir reasons stated in earlier post :+1:
Also a speed controller is a good investment

1 Like

I have all the fans and blowers,ill get the ipower,thank you for all your input

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971, I wonder if they tried it out. Or maybe they use them in Morgues. Either way someone surely had to try it out to be able to advertise that capability.

I am thinking about a Honeywell all in one unit because where do I duct the filtered air? I don’t want to cut a hole in the wall, at least right now. Does anyone have any experience using such a system for cannabis smells? (my wife hates the smell of cannabis).

1 Like

Can you post a picture of the unit you looking at
If it what im thinking dont waste your money on it
@Soggy
You want a proper carbon filter and exhaust fan
Set us the room air purifiers dont scrub the smell
Fyi @Soggy im a commercial HVAC mechanic
With 26 years of experience working in NYC i know a few things about Ventilation hahahahaha

Not sure if they tested out on dead bodies
I was talking about my grow space lol
@Flyr

Yeah, I know @Countryboyjvd1971, I was being a smartass. I’ve got to break down and one day get a good filter too. My girls are small but if things keep going as they should I’ll need to install it in a couple months.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “scrub” the air. Should I get the kind that fits to the tent itself? It should go: Tent…filter…fan…right? such as this: ugh…i cannot include links, and IDK how to upload a photo here.s-l225…ok, figured it out i think.

Is that right? And it doesn’t have to duct to the outside?

1 Like

@Soggy yes you can just duct outside the tent then into the room. Open two windows and with one regular house fan blowing out the other so you can have fresh Co2 and circulation if you don’t want to put holes in the ceiling or walls. Another option is a portable AC vent 6" stick it in the window and duct out of it.

Thanks for the information. My situation is sort of interestingly different. I have a room in the basement that has a forced air vent, but there is not an air return so the air coming in should be full of CO2 without opening windows or doors.

Smell is my only concern, but it sounds like I’ll improve the situation with a fan and filter just recirculating the air in the room. Maybe not perfect, but it will suffice. Thanks again.