Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

Hi Anne,
Did your friend happen to mention if these are Auto Flower or Photo’s?
The way I understand it is if they are auto’s, once in preflower things are going to happen on a genetic schedule.
Sorry for the lack of help
MC

@AnneBonny

Maybe they were taken from a flowering mother?

You should be able to revert back to veg with the right light schedule.

@AnneBonny I have a grandaddy purple clone and a purple train wreck clone that are under 18/6 schedule that are doing the same thing they are going in flower as soon as the sour diesels finish…should be this weekend…the ptw has been vegging since 6-3 and the gdp since 6-28 I’d say maybe your clone came from a mature plant in veg like mine are…not actually from a plant in flower already so I would think it would continue to veg under the 14/10 schedule you have her under? @Countryboyjvd1971 or @bob31 what do you think? Here’s a pic of my 2 that are throwing some pistols… gdp

Ptw

I fimmed all the tallest shoots on the ptw to slow vertical growth up some maybe a little over a week ago …this ptw is a clone from my first grow…I took this just before its mother went into the flower room

4 Likes

@WillyJ @AnneBonny

Clones from photo flowering or clones from photo veg; put them under veg lighting (Whatever you prefer for veg) and they will veg or re-veg. Treat them based on the nodes. generally 5 nodes (true sets of leaves) make them about a month old. (+/-)

The only clones that are the same age as the mother are clones from Autos.

Hope that clears that up for ya!

2 Likes

Yes sorry just seeing the posts now @AnneBonny
I always recommend the evaporative style humidifiers myself the cool mist using city or well water will eventually clog your filter we have seen it may times here the mineral deposits for the water eventually just clog them up
I’m with @bob31 and don’t wish to purchase water just to exhaust it out of my house ?
A evaporative style works great I also prefer to put it outside tent or grow room allowing fans to pull moist air in they will just run to much imo if in tent
Hope this helps

3 Likes

Thanks @bob31 I was assuming her clones she got were photo’s

3 Likes

Yes I was too but somewhere above the question was asked if they would be considered the same age as the mother and it needed clarification. I meant to respond to that post and replied to yours by accident. I gotta stop speed reading… Lol

1 Like

Lol I dont know how you guys do it so many posts you guys help a lot of people… it’s a real nice thing you guys do :+1:

2 Likes

It’s quite a bit of reading really @WillyJ but I’m retired. I work part time a couple days a week but that gives me lots of time to read. And I really do :purple_heart: Growing Marijuana!

I like smoking it too and they go hand in hand!

7 Likes

UPDATE 9/15/17 5 days from homecoming, 4 days from transplant.

Thankfully I have not seen any issues since transplanting.

Today the girls got their first full watering and feeding to run off. I prepped a gallon of water and half strength nutes since I don’t know how old the mother was I started at week 3 of the FF feeding schedule (3 tsp Big bloom and 1.5 tsp Grow big) then PH’d the water to 6.5. PPM going in was 647 (after adding nutes) and 125 coming out with PH at 6.5 at run off. I’m still learning the PPM thing…is that good or bad? When I looked at the schedule I thought it said they should be in the thousands but mine wasn’t anywhere near that going in or out. Also it’s a new PPM meter that I used right out of the package. Am I supposed to calibrate that too like the pH meter?

Questions, questions, questions…

Thanks for all the responses on the pre flower and humidifier. Im going to watch and see if the grapefruit goes back into veg.

Happy growing ~ AB

3 Likes

Hi @AnneBonny

Sounds like you did pretty well on your first run through!

The TDS Meters have a little x10 that shows up in the bottom row to signify that the reading was above 999

TDS PPM in 647 and out at 125 could have been 1250? Have to remember to look at the screen under the big number. or take pics of the screen to show (whatever works)

pH in at 6.5 and out at 6.5 is perfect

It wouldn’t hurt to calibrate the TDS meter

1500 ppm TDS Test Solution

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TNAA5W/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?tag=greenrel-20

What light schedule is it on? @AnneBonny

I decided on 14/10 light schedule. Wasn’t sure if that was too close to 12/12 and maybe that’s why. I will check the TDS meter and see if it has an X10. Thanks for that heads up.

2 Likes

I did my last grow on 14/10 and it worked well!

1 Like

Well, I have to say @bob31 14/10 seems to be good for my girls. I am amazed how fast this grow. I took a photo on the 12th with a ruler and then agin today 6 days later. Amazing!.

Grapefruit on 9/12

Grapefruit 9/18…the ruler tipped and I was holding the flashlight and the phone as couldn’t get my flash to work. but it’s up to 5 inches

There is huge difference in the Blue Dream.

This is 9/12

This is 9/18 from 6.5 inches to about 9.5. Crazy!

5 Likes

But my real question is on topping or fim-ing these. Since they aren’t from seed and the nodes aren’t just stacked up like I’m used to seeing I’m not sure where I would cut.

This the Grapefruit which I can see a couple of potential spots if you can zoom in.

Thoughts @bob31 @Hogmaster @Ragnar @WillyJ @Majiktoker @Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 and anyone who has suggestions.

2 Likes

and this is the Blue Dream. The stems are long and lanky so I’m just not sure where to cut without causing damage. Maybe I should just LST this one?

1 Like

you want to wait for new growth. it will come out of the center of the plant if it is one main stem or out of the individual branch tops. I don’t really see any new growth on those right now @AnneBonny

This one is a little closer.

Thanks for looking!

1 Like

So I should wait some more then. @bob31 I think I have auto’s on the brain and remembered with those that it had to be done early. Not so much with these then…I need to chill a bit and just let them do their thing.