Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

Nice​:+1::grin: what magnifier are you using to get these great shots ?

1 Like

I’m using this. @Kcdaniels It takes some practice to get used to but it definitely shows you what you need to see.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV0TV50?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

Great thanks…I had looked at this one but bought a cheap micro and is very hard to use and hold steady…not to mention impossible to take the kind of pictures your posting :+1:

1 Like

It’s St. Patricks Day and I harvested some green in a tribute to my Irish heritage. BBA is all chopped and hanging as we speak.

Wet weight is 487 grams (17.17 ounces) on stems and 134 grams (4.73 ounces) of sugar leaves and small buds from the bottom of the plant. Will see how she shakes out once dry.

Her parting photo before chop chop

21 Likes

That’s a serious tree/bush @AnneBonny she looks great, with her extremities and with out… :wink: I hope she treats you well.

2 Likes

:shamrock: happy st.patricks day

2 Likes

Congrats :+1::ok_hand::sunglasses: guessing about 4oz dry ?

1 Like

Ahoy @AnneBonny Excellent job!

1 Like

Making St. Patty proud I’d say! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Probably be around 3-3.5 oz dry nice job! Looks great!

3 Likes

I bought this one too for my last harvest. It does take some good pictures. I was impressed with all of the adapters it came with: even one for my S8.

3 Likes

Good-spirited beginning. Best of luck mate!

MINI UPDATE 3/26/18

You called it @WillyJ. Once dried and de-stemmed I got 92 grams or 3.24 ounces. Have to say I really like the auto’s and will plant another one soon.

Its been a busy 2 weeks so haven’t been posting much but I trimmed all the BBA and it is now curing in jars. Can’t wait to make some CCO out of it. It’s been so cold and with the heat running it dried really fast and I have Boveda packs in each jar trying to bring up the humidity.

The GG clones are doing well though getting tall. They are on week 5 Day 7 of flower. I had do some serious super cropping but they look great. ETA for harvest is April 8th (but I’m not holding my breath for that).

I transplanted the Gold Leaf and GG from seed from 2 gallon to 5 gallon pots last Tuesday. It’s very tight in that box due to the width of the pots vs the size of the shelf. I’m on the fence on how I’m going to handle these. I don’t really want to have a tent going while I have people in for the wedding at the end of June so I may decide to plant these outside when the weather is ready and let nature be my timer. I have time to decide yet though. Not sure I want the stress of worrying about the humidity and critters again.

Oh, and I almost forgot that several weeks ago I switched nutrients to the PH Perfect Sensi Grow and bloom. So far I love it and there were no adverse effects (so far) from changing midstream from the Fox farm. I love only having to PH my water on water only days.

Other than that my plants are at that kind of uneventful stage where they just grow and do what Mother Nature intended. Which isn’t a bad thing at all.

8 Likes

Sounds like everything is going good @AnneBonny may I make a suggestion that you don’t ph your water on watering days either the ph perfect nutes will take care of keeping your ph in a acceptable range for nute uptake… ph up or down will mess this up…I find I need to add in cal-mag plus every once and a while but I never ph anything…I did what you are doing when I first started using them and started to have problems I stopped ph’ing and everything straightened out… @Screwauger can give you his input as he had similar results when he started using these nutes also then stopped ph’ing

8 Likes

Thanks @WillyJ I’m very glad you offered that info. I will stop ph-ing all together (and it won’t break my heart at all). Now that you say it I do recall you and @Screwauger saying that but I think in my head I assumed you meant only on feed days. I definitely don’t need to learn that lesson when you both have already.

6 Likes

I’m sure your going to miss your ph meter :wink:

3 Likes

I use the ph perfect 3 part. If I don’t adjust my water’s pH, my plants show minor pH issues. When I pH everything properly, runoff/slurry tests always read 6.5.

I’d at least still check my pH. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Will do @blackthumbbetty. It certainly won’t hurt to check the run off as a precaution.

1 Like

4/7/18 UPDATE

Quick update on the girls:

Gorilla clones are nine weeks into flower. My grow buddy app says estimated harvest is 4/8…uh no, not even close!

They both have some yellowing leaves and I can’t tell what it is looking at the chart. All the yellow leave issues on the chart look the same to me and I cannot tell if it’s a deficiency or not. The yellow is random and at the top to middle of plant and seems to be yellowing from the leaves edges in. I am wondering if it’s not a PH issue from when I was still Ph-ing my water on water only days. @WillyJ and @Screwauger is this what yours looked like before you stopped ph-ing using the PH perfect?

This is the whole plant

This is a closer view:
![IMG_3869|375x500]
(upload://7Akz4waaYT0d56O82lnUJeqsVlx.JPG)

When I was using the Fox Farm trio I ph’d to 6.0-6.5 and never had an issue. When I check the runoff using the PH Perfect it’s at 6.9 to 7.0 which I think is high but I’m trying to follow the manufacturers guidelines.

The Gold Leaf and Gorilla glue from seed are getting bigger and are really crammed in that little box. They are 16 weeks and 6 days old. I guess that would be what 13 or so weeks in veg.

IMG_3873
I’ve been super cropping the crap out of them trying to keep them small.

8 Likes

If you’re at 9 weeks in flower that is normal to have yellowing going on…as you shouldn’t be feeding anymore and just plain watering…the plant will start feeding off the older fan leaves first …I just remove them as the yellow and die off…your almost there nothing to worry about…your plant should not be a healthy green looking plant at harvest time it should be feeding off itself if it’s green there’s probably to many nutes left so plenty to feed on an result is not a clean product when finished… my plants will do that late in flower…around mid flower I’ll start to get random yellows @AnneBonny

9 Likes