Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

that’s awesome @AnneBonny

2 Likes

Pure AWESOMENESS @AnneBonny You nailed the stem split! Freakin awesome job!

3 Likes

My other project this weekend was to DIY the jars that @daz49 showed us with chalkboard paint. Some I am using for Christmas presents. I’ll fill them with candy and take a square of cotton Christmas fabric like this. This was last years which was a cookie mix.

I used wide mouth pint and a half jars.

The key is not to glob the paint on but do thin coats. I did 3 coats and you need to wait at least an hour between coats. First coat.

Last coats. It still shines as it was wet but it will dry flat.

My blue dream and grapefruit will look sweet in these I think.

15 Likes

Thanks everyone. @Kcdaniels it’s supposed to stress the plant into producing or increasing the tricomes in its effort to protect and recover from the injury.

I’m thinking towards the end of the week @Myfriendis410. Probably going to be cursing a blue streak being so close to Christmas but I’ll figure it out between cleaning and cooking. :weary:

12 Likes

You nailed splitting the stems great job

5 Likes

It will be samples all day! Cooking a goose for Christmas.

2 Likes

What a wonderful thing you got going…awesome job :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Looks like you did a great job splitting the stems on your own. I’m one of only 2 girls but was both raised by and was myself a single mom. I feel blessed to have confidence to do things others might wait for a guy to do. Just last week I replaced the pressure valve stem in my shower faucet :ok_hand: “We can do it!” :wink:

8 Likes

That is a good advice :+1:
Nice job with splitting the stem, and good luck whit the beans :crossed_fingers:
That BBA is looking healthy and :soon: she will start flowering :rofl:

3 Likes

So tomorrow is the big day. :scissors: :scissors: I haven’t been able to post tricome pictures since my lap top crapped out. I’ve been looking at them on my husbands laptop but haven’t been able to upload. But they are mostly cloudy with some Amber. Since they are Sativa dominant I decided I didn’t want too much Amber.

Here’s the agenda:

1. 8:30 am coworker comes to take BD & GF clones and she is bringing a Gorilla glue clone (couldn’t say no)
  2. Chop and hang the blue dream and grapefruit in the tent for odor control while we have guests Christmas Day.
  3. The BBA will go into the small tent temporarily through Christmas (fingers crossed its not too tall) with the gold leaf and gifted gorilla glue seeds that sprouted today- woo Hoo!
  4. Make cheese cake, finish cleaning and finish wrapping.
  5. Be in Providence on “The Hill” for 4pm for annual Chritmas Eve Eve gathering of friends

Busy, busy busy!

I will post before and after pics tomorrow.

17 Likes

@AnneBonny
You are doing marvelous job growing, enjoy harvest time and have very Merry Christmas !!!

1 Like

@AnneBonny that’s awesome! Great job!

1 Like

Such a busy time of the year! You’re doing great and I like your agenda! Merry Christmas @AnneBonny

2 Likes

Love"the hill" my fav restaurant is Cassarino’s…headed to families in Wakefield tomorrow for an early Christmas with them…safe travels Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you as well @ragnar. @70schick. @willyj @MattyBear

4 Likes

Sounds like a plan :+1:. Enjoy your family and friends and Have a very Merry Christmas!

1 Like

That’s an exciting day planned!
Congrats on your harvest. How does the grapefruit smell? Merry Christmas!

Thanks @North_East_Newbie. It was a hectic day. The original plan was to hang the whole plant without a lot of trimming. But the best laid plans…yada yada.

The plants had been in the dark for about 18 hours and when I took them out both plants had a few buds with the beginning of a white mold. It was on the buds in the back corners of the tent where I don’t think there was enough air circulation. So had to change the plan to cut them into branches and give them a hydrogen peroxide/water bath and hang to dry in the tent. Plus I went in and clipped the fan leaves to increase air flow. Yesterday controlling the humidity was a battle since they were wet. There is a fan in the tent to provide air movement and I have been keeping the tent door unzipped and flapped open some as it climbs when I close it. It’s been hovering in the mid 60s low 70s. I’m checking all the time as I’m paranoid now.

The Blue Dream buds are light and airy and the fan leaves were a pain in the a$$ as there were so many. Someone else described this strain as delicate and that is exactly right. The grapefruit buds are more dense. Both have a strong scent but I wouldn’t say pungent. And there is a citrusy undertone to the grapefruit.

I didn’t get a bunch of pictures because it took far longer than the time I scheduled but the few I did are on my phone so need to upload. Two chihuahuas have my lap occupied at the moment so I can’t get up. Will post the weights shortly but that will be with full stems so not really accurate.

I wanted this grow to be “natural” as much as possible as I wanted to see what Mother Nature does on her own. With the exception of some supper cropping it was. I know for sure my next plants I will trim up the lower stalk to minimize the buds that never get enough light and will see about. And with the air flow issue am pondering a bigger tent. We’ll see as a bigger tent means additional lights and additional money.

13 Likes

I found every grow to be a learning experience, on my journey toward better bud. I lost my outdoor grow the past summer to black mold, so I can feel your angst. Do you have an exhaust fan to regulate humidity? If not, maybe a box fan placed in the tent door would help?

I’m sure after a few weeks of drying and curing, their aroma will maximize.

Can’t wait to see you pics & final weight.
Congrats on a great grow. :relaxed::+1:

1 Like

Merry Merry Christmas @AnneBonny

2 Likes