Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

Thanks, @MAXHeadRoom and @Jmesser80 I will have to try that. I had a paint can on a garden seat/bench that I was leaning on to try to steady my arm…while I was trying to reach for the photo button with the other hand. I felt like gumby!

5 Likes

i know that feeling.
I cant advise on the Tric’s though. If you can cut and dry a sample to try here and there you might find you want to harvest early or late to enhance the effect you want.
I definitely liked the samples I tried earlier. The early ones, with no amber gave a good strong high that lasted 3 - 4 hours. It had a bit of a speedy effect also, not bad but like having a quad espresso. I liked that, was a definite day time smoke.

2 Likes

How long did you dry them before you smoked them when you did the samples? @MindlessCorpse

I used a toaster Convection (with the convection fan running) oven set at 150 degrees. I would heat for 15 minutes then let it set for 15, then heat again and let set, repeat over a few times and it will be dry enough to try a sample. Time to dry like this took around a couple hours

2 Likes

I’d be interested in the details of your camera. I’m looking for something better than the cheapie attachment I currently have.
That first pic is pretty clear… lots of frost!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Several member use this one @GreenThunder so I followed the masses:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV0TV50/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn’t work with an iPhone but works on my MacBook.

2 Likes

I use Samsung so should be good :sunglasses: Thank you!!

1 Like

@SmoknGranny @AnneBonny

I put my scope into this tripod for cell phones and it works perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SHJPMEU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

Nice! Do you bring that to the tent @bob31? It doesn’t work with my iPhone though so I will need to come up with another option.

1 Like

Mine works with the android and my laptop. But I usually bring everything out to the table next to my tent and do it there. Unless like the last grow with the scrog so I had to put it inside the tent. It’s better than trying to do it free hand. The slightest breeze or shake and it’s fuzzy city! lol @AnneBonny

4 Likes

Yep but it’s not for an iPhone. Plus it’s half the price of the ph meter etc :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m in your boat @AnneBonny

1 Like

I considered that USB camera but was not cool with the 1.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, but it does seem to work fine for most people.
Have you thought much on what effect you are wanting from your smoke? Mostly clear Trichomes make for decent day time smoke, Amber gives you that “Why did I just stare at that light switch for 30 minutes” effect.
In the pic that is not so shaky, for me that would look maybe a bit past ready?
In one of Roberts Grow Bibles, in the “When to Harvest section” it mentions that once the Trichome heads are full looking (the mushroom top) THC is at its highest. Anything past that point and degradation starts. That degradation of the Trichome wall is what gives the Amber color.
But another thing to consider, and I have just been reminded of this, high THC weed that’s harvested early has a tendency to cause the “Paranoid feeling”. Personally (and I speak just for myself) I prefer the just past Paranoia, but way before degradation.
But Please, for all I have written here, always go by your own judgement and decisions. What I want out of mine may be totally different than what you want.
The two girls I have in the tent now, I am planning to harvest both at separate times. One for early, all clear Trichomes and the other I will let go until she shows 15 - 20% amber for good sleep.

4 Likes

Thanks @MindlessCorpse. All good info. Like you I want some for helping with sleep and some for day so looking for that sweet spot. I’m sure it will take a few grows to hit it just right. Just means I need to keep that tent going.

4 Likes

Time for a quick check of the trichomes. I wish I had had more time in choosing my “specimens” but I was racing the clock for lights out. @bob31 I turned the light down on the microscope as low as it would go before going black.

First up is Miss Grapefruit RI. She enjoys long 12 hour naps, nutrient filled baths, and stem splitting because she enjoys the extra weight.

Grapefruit

13 Likes

Grapefruit

15 Likes

Grapefruit

14 Likes

Next to walk the runway…or plank is Miss Blue Dream RI. She enjoys 12 hour sun filled days and warm nights as well as having her branches bent in all different directions so she gets more light.

Blue Dream

15 Likes

Blue Dream

12 Likes

Blue Dream

14 Likes