Ahhh too tightly packed?! Will I run into issues?!

What’s up guys! This is my second grow! I was really taking the time during veg to learn about the plant, spot different deficiencies, and troubleshooting to find a happy nutrient schedule.All this experimenting led me to a six week veg. Now I am concerned I think I might have put too many plants in my tent, and veg them for too long. At what point am I risking the health and quality of the nugs for the density of the canopy? My last grow turned out decent. Bud structure and tricome coverage were good but I botched the cure process and might’ve harvested a little bit too late so the smell was never there. Moving forward terpene profile and smell is my main concern (I have to prove my boys that I can grow!) what steps should I take to make sure the product turns out half decent? Do I need to clear out branches? Defoliate? Any input is much appreciated!!!

image|666x500

5 Likes

4 Likes

I would thin out some of the larger fan leaves, anything that is stacked on top of each other. It could trap moisture and cause mold. Run those fans 24 hours a day and if you have another one put it down under the canopy to blow around underneath it. Keep doing everything else you are already doing because they look really healthy and happy :+1: good going just remember airflow is your best friend

Edit = you added a pic and I see you like airflow already. That’s good I would still either add or move one fan underneath them I had problems with wpm that started under there

6 Likes

Thank you!! I will take out some fan leaves today! I have not been running the fans 24:7 but I will start. I was concerned that it might be a little bit too much wind and potentially give the plants windburn. I haven’t seen any signs of windburn yet. I do have two small fans below the canopy as well. They don’t seem to do much. I have seen windburn from the bottom fans if they’re turned up all the way. (I think that’s because they do not oscillate)

1 Like

Hmm what is WPM?

1 Like

White powdery mildew, @MeEasy has got you covered. Crank up exhaust fan a little bit keep air flow moving that will prevent mold and mildew. Beautiful plants keep up the good work

3 Likes

I don’t know if it is fact but I have read that the extra wind around your plants will cause them to produce more trichomes. It was explained that because cannabis is pollinated through the air and not by bees or other bugs that when it’s windy they make more sticky icky in hopes pollen will come by

1 Like

Got it!! Airflow is crucial! Note taken!! Thanks for the encouragement. I’m out on the east coast, I don’t know another person that grows in the area so you’d are literally my lifeline :pray:t3:

1 Like

@MeEasy hey I like that theory!! I’ll keep everything cranked up.

2 Likes

LOL… looks like a typical tent of mine. Yup, thin out anything you can under the canopy, keep big fan leaves from covering colas and add extra airflow (which will help strengthen the stems and help with mold and WPM issues.

When/if you have to spray anything on them, do it just before lights out and you may have to get in there and gently move the leaves around and hold a fan on them to keep the leaves from sticking together until the spray dries. But, hopefully you won’t have to spray - They look amazing! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Lol now you’ll go to far and curse me out because you get wind burn. Airflow not tornado lol

s-l300

2 Likes

Righttttt on!! I have clears out so much of the under grow with the intentions of only having colas but it looks like I still going to have some larf. It’s hard to tell because I’m on day 22 of 12/12. (They might have some fatten up to do) As of right now I have not had to use anything to spray the nugs the only pest issue I have run into were fungus nats early in veg (from the FF COCO LOCO) but the sticky pads and less frequent watering solved that! I appreciate the insight!!

3 Likes

Ahahaha industrial air turbines engaged!! :dash::dash::dash::dash:

1 Like