Aging White Widow

I was told (can’t find anything to back it up) that after the WW are fully grown and you want to harvest, you should leave them in a dark environment (NO LIGHT) for 7-10 days to let them age. Supposedly it makes them stronger with more resin as a protective measure that the plant has. The person that told me has never steered me wrong but I would like to get more input before harming my ladies. Thanks

According to DR. SCANDERSON FOR NORTHWEST LEAF

NORTHWEST LEAF

"Light shocking (finishing the plants out with 24 to 48 hours of straight darkness) and PK spiking (adding very high levels of Phosphorus and Potassium) are two methods that when used in moderation on healthy thriving plants, consistently delivers a small but noticeable boost in quality that can often serve as the “cherry” on top of your sundae. "

Although I wouldn’t add nutes or water for the last three to six days depending on my schedule

48 hours. Not 7 days.

As mentioned above some have “spiked” the plant with PK. This is what a finishing additive generally does. Be careful.

Also; Make sure the plant does not have completely dry medium when you place it in the 48 hour dark period.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

We love helping out. Thank You!