Aggressive grow

Hi there! So my husband and I are beginner growers and we have the auto-flower white widow. We decided to try the aggressive approach this time. 24hrs of light constantly. We are now in day 64 and in the 4th week of flowering but we want to start the plants on no light exposure so they will bud more but we are not sure how to do it without stressing out the girls. We tried last night for 2hrs but had a heck of a time keeping humidity and the temp steady. We have a humidifier running at all times. (Oh btw we were growing in a tent and we have 3 plants going at once.) Also should the buda be sticky at this point bc ours are not. Please any help or advice will be MUCH appreciated I dont want to lose these lovely ladies we have worked so hard on them. I have included a couple of pics for you all to see. Happy growing

k

2 Likes

Welcome ! personally if it was me I would go to a 12/12 light schedule the plants will benefit from a dark cycle . Nice plants it’s a little early for the buds to be stinky you are in the early flower stage. Good luck

3 Likes

You don’t think it will stress the plants out if we do that after having a 24hr cycle for so long?

1 Like

No you will be fine your plants will thank you.

2 Likes

Very good to know about the stickiness!

Ok…we will give it a shot and keep ya updated! Prayers to the Cannabis Gods here we go!! Lol

3 Likes

Autos I usually start out with 18/ 6 light schedule once they start to flower I will go to 12/12.

2 Likes

We thought about doing the 18/6 but just wanted to try something different from most people. They have thrived well and the girl in the back is almost 4 1/2ft tall and NO I’m NOT exgarrating we have measured it. The one to the right is about 4ft tall and the runt in front is about 3ft tall ( we think we messed up on the one in front a little but she bounced back ok.) I am loving this strain bc it seems to be really resilient but we still worry.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re enjoying your grow great Hobby! You’re in the right place if you need to tag a Community member just put @ in front of their name as @Cdisley2017

1 Like

Why?

As long as you give the plants 10h of light out of 24 hours, they’ll survive. People use 24/0, 12/12, and everything in between for autoflowering cannabis. It seems like 18/6 or 16/8 work well enough consistently.

Your plants are already flowering. They aren’t looking for an environmental signal to initiate that process. If you want to keep running 24/0, you absolutely can. As you mentioned, you’re getting a variation in humidity with the lights out. Scotoperiodic C3 plants do not need a dark period for any particular process, other than the initiation of flowering.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes