After transplanting my plants leaves are changing

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me understand why my plants leaves are changing colors? I transplanted them to a 3 gallon pot this week after going from a red (solo) 16oz cup. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

Thank you.

She looks perfectly fine to me. She’s cannabilizing her lower leaves is all. Once she gets established in her new environment she’ll start to take off again. :+1:t2::green_heart:

6 Likes

@Fieldofdreams

How do mean by “cannibalizing”. Is she doing something like sucking more nutrients to the top leaves? Thank you.

2 Likes

exactly that.
The plant is sacrificing those early leaves and sucking out the stored nutrients to concentrate on new growth. They will sometimes do that again later as they mature and concentrate on bud growth over leaf growth.

4 Likes

dcJinHQTGlcabfzTbV

2 Likes

@Mm2021 as the plant progresses it’ll move nutrients from lower shaded areas to new growth. Losing lower leaves is natural and a part of the grow. Wait’ll the plant hits its Fall fade on ya lol!! :smiley:

3 Likes

This is always an anxious time for me… the colors change and panic sets in lol. In my first few grows I chopped early cuz I thought they were dying LMAO!!

4 Likes

I’ve begun to relax more myself. It’s nice to finally have prior experiences to compare to. Plus this site really helps relieve anxiety. :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes I feel ya :100:! I was a paranoid annoying person I’m sure on my first grow! I drove @Graysin @Newt @OGIncognito nuts I’m sure on that one. (Haha. Jk I know y’all were glad to help) definitely love the relaxing feeling of just knowing what to do and watching the ladies grow. Just end of flower and the drying part nerves the hell out of me​:woozy_face::grimacing: I think I’ve got it this time

6 Likes

I was crazy long before that. And I don’t recall you making it a bit worse (or better, for that matter). :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Absolutely. I’m a firm believer that the only stupid question is the question that you’re too afraid to ask.

I asked if my plant was molding when it was growing roots once. :joy::rofl::sweat_smile: we’ve all been there. Drag me into anything, any time. You know I’ll be a tag away. :magic_wand:

6 Likes

Haha. First plant added a few more “boyishly light” hairs to my collection🫣

3 Likes

Not at all Grow Bro, sometimes for shits and giggles I’ll read back through some of my old post and laugh my Azz off. Just paying it forward from some great cultivators that helped me when I started :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Lol. I asked you if my plant had a bad deficiency and was wigging out and she was just finishing out. :crazy_face: been a tremendous help and influence on my growing techniques. Everything you’ve told me has worked and is now my regimen. Too easy to follow and plants love it so why change it. Only thing I want to do is change to a 4x4 tent, new acfinity controller and another GB240W!! Thank you for all your help growmie!

4 Likes

I do the same thing knowing what I’ve learned from y’all and seeing some of the “silly now” posts I made and the direction y’all pointed me. Seen others ask same questions starting out and able to help them with what yodas has taught me🙏🏻 love this community

2 Likes

:point_up_2: my 2nd family Brother and glad to have you in it :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

YPPz0llTPQ8kI8aWdn

That GB240 though!!! I love my Green beams light!!!

1 Like

Update: thank you guys they are doing better:

Anything else I should be doing?

3 Likes

The new growth is green. The bottom leaves looks like maybe nutes. You could go ahead and pluck those off the left side plant. Those leaves won’t recover. Just wasted energy IMO. Other than that looking good to me bro

2 Likes