After topping should I wait before switching to flower

My plants are 5 weeks in veggie. I just top them for the last time. I want to switch the light this weekend. How long Should I wait (if any) because I just topped them 2 days ago? Or does it not matter

3 Likes

They look happy :+1: I say it depends on what you have for a light more powerful lights will get better penitration so you could wait a little longer to be taller. I have a couple sf2000 and with them I would switch to flower this weekend like you said, but I have a sf7000 and I would wait another week to 10 days for a little more growth

4 Likes

For lights I have 2 1000w full spectrum Leds. In a 2 by 4 tent.

1 Like

That’s pretty close to my sf2000, so I wouldn’t wait to long. I normally veg mine 5-8 weeks if I’m going to finish under the 2000. A 12" plant will stretch to about 18-24" different strains will stretch different %

1 Like

I’ve not done photo’s yet but if I was in your shoes I would wait till they have fully recovered from the topping. HST requires repairing and redirecting processes. You wanna give your plant like a week I would think…at least. Let the new tops form up.

1 Like

I just measured them lol They are tiny bit over my 12in ruler. And they are all super skunk. I looked at my grow journal and I topped them on Sunday so I’m gonna wait till this Sunday and see before I change anything. This is my first grow in a tent limiting my space So I’m nervous about them getting to big and have to take them out early or something. They have did soo well this far I’m scared to risk it.
Thank you guys for the help though.

I would wait a week or so for the new tops to grow out some before you flip it.

1 Like

They are coming back in great and fast.

2 Likes

And like I was saying you’d be ok to switch to flower this weekend, personally I’d go a little longer maybe even next weekend, trim off all the undergrowth like 1/3 of the bottom like midweek and switch to flower over the weekend… make sure you get inside the tent with the lights off and check for light leaks or turn off the room light leave the tent light on and check that way, it would suck to lose a plant when a little piece of tape would have saved it :wink:

1 Like

That’s my plan. I’m little unsure about trimming it. I did take some off the bottom last weekend. But iv never trimmed before. Usually just let it do it’s thing. So going to watch massive videos this weekend. And I have my tent in my heater room. So unless I turn the light on in the room it’s fully dark. I checked and double checked. I was wondering about my humidity thou. I have a exhale co2 bag in there. And it is making my girls grow fast it’s rising my humidity to much. I have a dehumidifier in the tent but it’s staying around 56 to 60. Should I take the co2 out or get a bigger dehumidifier?

1 Like

This is how I like to do mine right before I switch to flower first is a picture from a tutorial I found and the bottom two are some of my plants to show a before n after… I don’t know why they loaded backwards and it’s possible they are actually two different plants but they show what I’m saying
before-switch-to-flowering-stage-remove-everything-in-darkness-sm

1 Like

Thanks that helps alot!

1 Like

Im going crazy guys… Is this normal yellow or should I be worried?
Week 2 of flowering.(well maybe bc someone just told me its nottt in flower) been on a 12 to 12 light cycle for 2 weeks) Started tiger bloom and big buds nutritions Monday.

1 Like

Ph in water is good and soil run off.

1 Like

They look great, the yellow is because as you switch to flower they very quickly stretch which is a lot of green growth. When the plant can’t get enough N from the soil it will use what it has stored up in it’s lower large fan leaves that are there just for this reason. So they are perfectly fine and just continue the way you are and like you already said transition to the flower food maybe a little 1/4 dose of veg and a 1/2 dose of flower food. Do you have the feeding schedule for fox farm food? I can post it if you don’t

1 Like

Thanks. Yea I have the feeding schedule. It was a little confusing at first but I think I understand it now. What is EC thou?

1 Like

It’s another way of measuring the tds honestly I am not familiar enough about it to explain it because I’d probably :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: it up but I’ve got this in my notes

Electrical Conductivity (EC)

EC (electrical conductivity) and PPM (parts per million) measures the salt concentration of water or a nutrient solution. Measuring the EC or PPM won’t tell you exactly what mineral your cannabis plants are deficient in, but it will give you a good indication as to the strength of your water and feeding solution.

Normally EC is checked to avoid giving plants a high concentration of minerals but it can also be useful to get an idea of how much plants are consuming. Store bought nutrient solutions for cannabis are often heavily concentrated meaning most growers dilute them to avoid over feeding (which can lead to nutrient lock outs).

Adding nutrients to your tap water increases its electrical conductivity so it might be that a deficiency occurs because the concentration is too high. Depending on what you buy, make sure the EC of your solution stays more or less between these levels to avoid deficiencies or toxicities:

• Seedlings - 0.7 - 1.2 mS/cm2
  • Vegetative - 1.6 - 1.9 mS/cm2
  • Flowering - 1.9 - 2.2 mS/cm2
1 Like