After going 12/12 How long to actual flower start

I converted to 12/12 lighting on Friday 13 of this month. How long/ timewise does it usually take before buds/flowers appear and what do they look like at first. Not a week or two weeks but when the plant FIRST starts to flower.
I need some visual aids here if anyone has any photos of their plant at first day of 12/12 and then when first flowers appear to start counting flowering.

Just need to know. Stupid question, I know.

3 Likes

It will start to shoot out hairs from the nodes of the plant,and on each top. It will be beautiful white hairs.
I checked my pics and don’t have any of early flower sorry @cyberblast

1 Like

If you bought seeds here there is a guide for each strain that gives approximate flower time. Last grow it was pretty much on the mark.

2 Likes

@Nug-bug is on point and they do that shortly after the transition period which is 1 to 2 weeks are switching to 12/12 @cyberblast

2 Likes

9 Likes

Thanks @Nug-bug for the info. Looked at my plants and two of them, the OG Kush and the Gold Leaf are showing the white pistols growing out from the sides of the top “flowers”. The white widow is showing none at present. 12 days since 12/12 change. The two that are showing have showed from the side for about 2 days approx. Dont know why the WW isnt showing yet, guess it is just taking longer for the changeover.

Will post a couple photos later, closeups of the flowers and pistils.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi @Laurap, yea, I know how long the flower length is for these. Looked at those guides I think daily for the last 20 days or so. :rofl:
I just needed to know what the plants looked linke in change over and then right after they started flowering. Basically a photo demo, ya know. Thanks though for the info. Getting ansy for this grow to finish. :face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

Thanks, when in your grow did you take this photo? @Cowboyjonjon Where in changeover or flowering? Very intersted.

I flipped the light cycle on these yesterday at 6am, 12 hours later I can definitely tell they are into flowering, I took this photo this morning. If you look closely idk if you can see in my photo but he middle of the flowering sites turned a bright green compared to the color they were before the switch and it’s starting to stretch

2 Likes

5 Likes

@Cowboyjonjon wow, that is a fast changeover. Mine took over a week I guess. Just been needing to see someones grow at about the same step so I can see what they are supposed to look like. Am a total newbie when it comes to that. Thanks for posting that photo. Been a big help to me, along with the info from the others.

Yep, I can see what you mean in that closeup. that helped alot. Thanks buddy. Appreciate it.

:sunglasses::sunglasses: happy growing good luck!

1 Like

@Donaldj recommended coming down to 12/12 over time which reduces stretch and speeds the transition to flower. It works.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 how do you mean come down over time?? I had it at 16/8 before 12/12. Should I have dropped it to like 14/10 first then 12/12? Too late now but is that the idea?

2 Likes

That’s the idea @cyberblast you’ll be fine if you didn’t
Just transitioning slower cause lesss stress as @Myfriendis410 mentioned
I just switch to 12\12 myself tho

1 Like

Exactly so. It doesn’t hurt to go right to 12/12. You did nothing wrong. But I brought mine down from 16/8 over about a week and had pistils within 3 days of 12/12. It also really helps if the plants are fully mature and hardened off.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 the plants were about 7 weeks old so mature enough I think. I hope…:pensive: Am a newbie with mj though been gardening for many years. @Countryboyjvd1971 didnt even think about what he had told me when I done it. But now I remember reading something about that in one of Roberts guides. Hummppphhh…just too much info to retain it all. Specially being an old fart like I am. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

lol @cyberblast definitely a lot to retain in the beginning but you’ll be fine I’d say at 7 weeks your fine to flower no worries every grow is a challenge and a reward your doing just fine my friend

2 Likes

@cyberblast you don’t have a monopoly on the old fart part! I’m 59. This gets easier and you can spend more time enjoying the process. That doesn’t mean I can look at any one plant and say that I did everything right. Still working on that.

But I’m liking this coco!

2 Likes

When you see them looking like this

I eased them in by shifting to 14/10 and they were really developing good flowers by then.

5 Likes