After 48 days of flowering the OG kush started to turn to seed why would this happen. I lost 2 plants do to seeds

flowering

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

After 48 days of flowering the OG kush started to turn to seed why would this happen. I lost 2 plants do to seeds

Welcome to ILGM.

Wow that is messed up. Did they go through any stress a while back ?

sometimes plants put out some seeds at the end of their cycle, i forgot why but it usually occurs at the last week of flowering, or it was stressed some how and it freaked the plant hermaphrodite. Id say take a look at the trichomes with a magnifying glaass, and if the crystals are amber, then ur plants r done!! it wont affect the quality of your buds, u just best watch out for those seeds!

Sometimes the plants put out seeds naturally, just tryin to stay alive! If u had male flowers or pods then it would be because of pollenation, but it sounds like it came natural. Give the seeds an extra week to ensure that it will be optimal for growing, remember a good seed has tiger stripes! to get better crystal formalization put the plant in pitch black for a day and chop it the next morning and if there was a male flower in there that pollenized your female plants, the seeds should come out feminized, but may turn up hermaphrodite in the end.

But some time’s that could happen when their flowering too long but 8 or 9 WK’s? it was probably light leak’s during the dark period or infrequent light exposure’s, dosen’t take much just a flash can upset them when the dark period is interrupted, anything but total darkness can cause it