After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

@BIGE man I hope so…:wink:

3 Likes

Your using auto flowers correct that is the smallest auto I have ever seen flower! Man that light is so powerful she didn’t have a chance to stretch! Wow I’m confused about why it happened I haven’t seen a grow journal on here from too much light? Good luck I wish you the best harvest bro only thing is they just keep getting better every grow

3 Likes

I think there were a few things that contributed to the munchkin, light being one of them.

3 Likes

I agree maybe light to close as well as other factors
New girls seem to be doing the right thing tho @Kcdaniels

3 Likes

Thanks guys :grin:
Really the light is the only thing that changed between the “older girls” and the " new girls " :confused: meaning turning the light all the way down and moving the light as high as possible…well I take that back I did start the "older"girls in the Black Gold seed starter soil…

Any thoughts when I should try to lower the light and or turning the light back up some ??
I have been spending less time with them…maybe a good thing :wink:

3 Likes

Are you noticing any stretch? That would be first indicator. You can probably start to increase light intensity, but I would do either one or the other a little at a time.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 is on point watch for them to start streaching looking for light then start to lower it or increase power slowly and watch the plants for negative reactions
I have a propogation tent that they stay into untill they are big enough to transplant and go under full power
I run 600- 800 watts in m veg tent (actual watts )
Depending on my light configuration 4x4 tent

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32

Here is a picture from this morning… Seems to be growing like a weed :relaxed:

Not sure if I’m seeing stretching ?

1 Like

Your looking good and i tbink you can start increasing the power for sure ki have a few plants just a bit bigger than your under my 650 watts of led right now
My lights are about 24 inches off the top of my plants

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
Thanks…might try lowering the light about 6" and see how they do. …

2 Likes

Keep me posted brother im around most days
I crash early tho fyi i get up at 230 am for work im usually not on at night

1 Like

Yep I concur, 6” is a good start. Just watch how she responds after that.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help guys :relaxed: sure do appreciate it !

2 Likes

update 1-12-18
The “new girls” are doing great :+1:
the “older” girls are growing but very stunted :fearful:

I have a question…in the picture it looks like the new girls leaves are curling up…do you think I should lower or turn up the light ?
I’m seeing about 1" of growth a day from the new girls :sunglasses:

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Myfriendis410 @Tylan @Ron330 @SmoknGranny @AnneBonny

6 Likes

@Ron330 @Sirsmokes @dbrn32 @MAXHeadRoom

That’s usually a good sign they are digging the light, you should be pretty good to increase intensity.

5 Likes

Cool…thinking I might lower it by another 6" . …I’m at 30" now. …

2 Likes

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. As long as the leaves stay turned up like that they should be pretty good. You’ll see a lot of people refer to that as praying to light.

2 Likes

Got to say you guys I’m excited :grin: seeing a positive reaction to there environment…instead of stunted growth !

Another thing I’m doing is only checking on the girls about twice a day instead of about six times a day… :innocent:

3 Likes

@Kcdaniels sometimes doing nothing is the best course :+1:
Looking good
And I agree that uou can probably lower 6 inches

2 Likes