After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

Just received conformation email☺ my WW autos are on the way ! Going to try building my grow room this weekend… Then decide on a light…

3 Likes

This light just dropped in price…Will this work for about a36x36 grow room ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015FLSOCE/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

@bob31@dbrn32

1 Like

I think it would be pretty good if you had a dedicated veg tent. Otherwise that light is a little lacking in red wavelengths and overall intensity for that size space.

3 Likes

I run 2 vipar 450w in my 36x36 with good results, I plan on adding another brand with more reds next year when I start back up…

1 will be enough for veg, but if you do more than 1 plant it will not be enough during flower…

That is just my opinion on it, since I use the same lights. But I do like the lights…

3 Likes

@dbrn32…well I might start with that one then add to it before flowering…think I’m going to build the grow room in the Shed this weekend …started gathering all the grow stuff…man it starting to add up already but I hope it will pay off big time with lots of green :laughing:

@Ron330 …I plan on starting with two pots…so that light is not enough for two plants …what other light are you thinking for your next grow ?

1 Like

I hope I’m not asking to many questions :grimacing: but the more I read the more my head hurts haha…

Would this light be better with the red spectrum and better than using two of the 450s…?

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-PAR600-600W-12-band-Light/dp/B01H72RD3K/ref=sr_1_1?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Starting a grow is one of the most exciting and fun things you’ll do. It’s also probably one of the most pressing on your bank account. I don’t think there’s a single person that would argue that it gets even more expensive when you have to buy the same item twice.

That being said, I’m gonna run something by you. Take it for what you want, but if you’re willing to drop $250 on that vipardpectra I may have a better although a little more expensive option.

This light is going to have a much more balanced light intensity and produce a way better light spectrum for growing from seed to harvest. Instead of lacking the reds for flower and having hot spot in the middle while next to no par at the edges.

I can’t link it, but there should be enough in that screenshot to find it. If not, let me know.

4 Likes

@Kcdaniels I started my first grow with only 1 vipar 450w, and it did great for 4 plants the first month, I had no signs of needing a second, but just knew or had a feeling I needed another once they started to grow bigger…

I wouldn’t suggest a higher wattage of light, I would get 2 450w before I would get the 600w, just for the reason of having a better/bigger footprint, and can be adjust height wise differently if the plants grow at varying rates…

and I am always looking for a chance to post a few pics, here are my lights over 4 white widow autos from my last grow…
https://ilgmforum.com/uploads/short-url/k5HUz0JoAtNTSep3E7kpByaYcPj.JPG
https://ilgmforum.com/uploads/short-url/9gnfRlPdKmAfzUc11jpc7dLImlk.JPG

9 Likes

Here is the one I am currently looking at to add. But I am still looking, do not plan on buying until next year. I want one to sandwich between my 2 Vipars. I chose my lights because of the length of them to reach the sides better…

https://www.amazon.com/Marshydro-Reflector-Hydroponic-Greenhouse-Spectrum/dp/B00XBYHOTC?tag=greenrel-20

and @dbrn32 is a very knowledgable person on lights, he has probably forgotten more than I will ever know, I would consider his suggestions very highly, I don’t have a lot of cash at once, so adding light over time was my best option…

5 Likes

@dbrn32…found the light…the kit is out of stock but they have the assembled light in stock…do you think this light can take care of both veg and flower ?and be enough for a couple of plants?

@Ron330 yeah I hear you about not having a lot of cash for all this stuff :confused: but it seems like I always regret when I don’t just bit the bullet the first time around…lol…and your girls look great !!

I book marked the links and will have to smoke a bowl and sleep on it…haha

Thanks guys for your help…very much appreciated !

5 Likes

Yes I most certainly do. They have 3000k 90 cri available? I use them, but Cree chips instead of vero. I have some older vero though, very happy with them.

4 Likes

Great looking grow! And thanks!

We’ve all started somewhere, you do the best you can with resources available. Nothing wrong with that at all!

4 Likes

Yes says they have eight in stock if I’m reading it right it is assembled…if they had the kit i Would go with that and save $50 :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks, that was my last grow, 7.5 oz dry (autos). This was my current one, currently drying/curing…

Have a good sleep @Kcdaniels, and don’t worry about it, weeds always finds a way to grow :v:

7 Likes

Now that what I’m talking about…:relaxed: @Ron330 …that’s a lot of buds !!!

3 Likes

Are you ok with some assembly required? That could change some things lol

3 Likes

That’s beautiful my man!

3 Likes

Yes as long as all the parts are there :blush:

2 Likes

These should be available Saturday morning around 11am eastern according to website. They usually sell out quickly though. But it would be quite a bit more performance than even the other light I posted, and easier to put together.

This would essentially put you on the cutting edge of current led tech. Probably only for a couple months lol, but that’s the led world. I would select either 3000k or 4000k in this one as they are 80 cri. 3000k will show a little more stretch, but it should be a little more in the yield department. 4000k will be a little tighter, but you’re probably talking inches not feet and probably won’t get quite as much bud swell. Either is fine though.

@MAXHeadRoom built similar fixture using 4 boards for bigger area using 4000k, pulled .75 gpw on his first grow ever. He has some family stuff going on so I’m not sure if he’ll comment or not. But you can definitely check out his build and journal.

2 Likes