Afraid of killing another

Well it’s been awhile since I been here. The last time I was on here I was growing a northern light auto. Well it’s been growing 73 days now and flowering for 7 weeks and 4 days now. It dose not have hardly any trichomes on it and the buds are hard as a rock and the hairs are now 50% white 50% red… The buds are as twice as big as my thum and hard. The plant itself is a little over 2 feet. Dose it sound like it may be getting ready.

Sounds like you have a nice healthy plant and need to allow it to finish. :slight_smile:

I checked out other forums and other places about the strain northern lights auto and all are pretty much said the same thing life span of northern light. auto and they say that they are ready for harvest in truck70 to sleep80 days. And that the trichomes never go aamber only milky. And what trichomes I do have are all milky 100% milky. And mine are about 8 weeks in flower a total of about 79 days. So what do u think about what others said about this strain. Sorry about my spelling but the words truck and sleepy are not part of this. But anyway I just need another opinion. Thanks, William

I know theirs more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to harvesting your plant. I was just wandering what the best way to harvest. Because the only place I really have to hang them is in my attic. And the temp up their is about 40 degrees at night and about 50 to 55 during the day. Plus I have to put a fan up their and I can keep it on low and face it in opposite way of plant just enough to keep air moving around. But my only concern is the temp. So will it be alrite up their or not. I’ll be harvesting in about 3 days. Also should I put them in 48 hour dark before I harvest. In the last three days the buds swelled and the hairs are now 75% red. Trichomes are all milky and some are leaning over. My magnifying glass ant strong enough to see if any are amber. I’m not rushing u for a answer but I am harvesting in 3 days. Thanks again. From:Tennessee

Any way to have the fan, on low, blowing away from the attic door and the door open just a bit to let the house heat up there? Or would you lose too much heat and go bankrupt like me?

What is the humidity up there? I’m thinking it would be very dry if it is that cold, most of the time anyway. If this is the case you probably wouldn’t need fans and they would likely dry fairly fast, and you will probably want to do a longer cure in the jars as you wouldn’t have much of the biological activity to break down the sugars and chlorophyll in such low temperatures. Make sure they don’t dry out too much before going in the jars, and then keep the jars in a nice warm place and burp them often as not to have too much humidity build up in the jar. You are going to really want to encourage the secondary biological activity, microbes that will be there long after the plant’s tissues have ceased biological activity, they will continue to break down the sugars and chlorophyll, not all that different than aging cheese, wine or liquor to enhance flavor and increase smoothness, but if the moisture level gets too high the microbial balance could go bad and you could get a mold outbreak, so monitor often and burp the jars often.

Well I do have a small 6in. heater with a fan built in it. If I need to I’ll put it up their and face it away from plant. Just enough to bring the temp up about 10 degrees at the most. I just want a good dry without messing it up. So what do u think about the heater? From: Tennessee

If you can bring the heat up and keep the humidity at a high enough level that they won’t dry to quick, maybe. But if it is already really dry up there, the heater will just make them dry out even faster without compensating for the aridity.

I put two female OG kush in flower 3 days ago and they are in same room I got my northern light auto.And since the light been on 19/5 for my auto then the last week of flower they went to 12/12 and ever since then the buds really started sweeling like he’ll. I got me a good4x magnifyer and I can see up closer at the trichomes. And it all of a sudden it went from very few trichomes to a massive amount. And they are about its20% clear to 80% milky. The leaves are starting to yellow up on me. But that’s a good thing. I done flushed twice. I think I’m going to give them one more week of the leaves12/12 flush one for time then put them in total dark for about 24 hours. Then harvest. I’ll let u know the wait of it wet and again dry. William From:Tennessee PS. Happy new year, and grow.

I got the temp up to 55 during day and at night it gets down to around about 48 to 50. And that’s in the attic.Im not using any kind of heater or fan.I get air coming in from the vents that are on both ends of the house. So I just blocked one of the vents off and now I’m only getting air in from the other vent and the plant is on the end of the attic were the vent is closed off. And it’s is drying but very slow. The humidity is just a little off and may be a little dry up their but like I say it’s drying evenly all around it but just slower. I cut off all fan leaves but left all the otherones on for now. Just let me know if u will, if u think I’m doing something wrong. By the way how are your northern lights doing. I got me a northern light and OG kush started. The northern light is just4 weeks old two weeks in flower and the OG kush is just3 weeks old and the1 week in flower. Hope u had a good new years night. Thanks From: Tennessee

I just took one of the smallest buds off the northern light auto that’s hanging up to dry. I did a oven quick dry to test it out and I tell you I don’t think I been this high in a while. It’s some pretty good shirt. I can’t what now to see how good it’s going to be after a good dry and cure. I usually cure for at least 3 weeks. I’m not bragging I’m just proud of my self. I just hope I get atlest a good ounce and a half. I’m looking at about 3 ounces of wet. And it never got over 2 feet tall. I ended up using 9 cfls 3 - 42 watt 3- 21 watt and 3 - 28 watt all under 1 plant. Feed it for first 6 weeks of flower and plain water last 2 weeks of flower. Flushed 3 times and harvest it I think 8 days later. Ok I’m going to get back to all with the dry weight of my bud then I’m going to get on with my other 2 plants. And all I did was add 1 - 42 watt cfl to the same grow room and now got 2 plants going at once. Thank you all , and till next time ; grow the he’ll out of some weed. From: Tennessee , William

You did good! Mine is getting a whole lot better while it’s curing.

Hey their oldgoat, what strain is it your growing or I mean curing. Do you got another one started?

Hello there OG…I just took 24 cutting from my ladies which have been in flower for 44 days now.
Robert did a write up on it…it’s call MONSTER CROPPING have you heard of this type of cloning?
Lakewwood has done this and it worked for him. He wrote a comment under Roberts write up about it.
Once they reenter veg state they take off like gang busters should be interesting to see how it plays out. I grow in soil and have heard a lot of fokes here clone and so if anyone else has any input on MONSTER CROPPING Please let me know.

Will

It should work well for you. I have done it as well, you should develop numerous tops.

Well he just told you more about it than I know. I’ve never really do any cutting on a plant while it was in flower. The only thing I may do is tie down or top once other than pruning. But I can’t say it don’t work because Robert done proved it to be. I will be interested to know how yours turns out. I wish u good luck and I hope it growth into the monster beast. Keep me informed on it. OGkush!!

My northern light auto that I got hanging in the attic are still about as we t as they werethe day I hung them almost 5 days ago. And the temperature is getting colder at night about 43 degrees at night and about. 52 during day. I think I’m going to go ahead and manure them tommoro and hang them in my cardboard box and bring them in my room. I dint want to do that because they smell so good it will fill the house full of this. But I got to do what I need to do. I’ll go to my paper bag step next then jar them up. That will cut the smell off. Unless anyone knows of a better way, fill me in. Thanks you all. Kush

What’s up u all, hey their old goat. You guys don’t really chat that much do u. Well anyway I cut the stalks off and trimmed some leafs. I got them hanging in my cardboard box. It was getting too cold tin my attic. I got my box in a dark room with temps at 55 to 60 degrees at all times. I’ll leave about accidental3 days in box and then paper bag until ready for jars. And it still smells good as he’ll. No grass or hay smell. But any way my northern light auto #2 is flowering like crazy. And my OG kush is also doing good. It should not be long before it starts showing white hairs. All I give them is some leafs1-4-3 then the last 5 weeks or so I start with small doses and work my way up to full strength of of bloom buster 15-30-15. We Always talk about sick plants I like to know how good your grow is and what y’all feed them. I grow in soil with small9 bulbs and 1 or so2 plants at a time every 3 to 6 months. Well I’m going for now. What about it old goat how’s your grow?

WilliamRay, how are ya? I am always checking in and find nobody for some time.
I will post pic’s of my cutting from my ladies. I’ll post them right here. They all are doing awesome.
If they bloom into monsters , I may not have the room…lol I will post some pic’s of their mothers also.
I also have 16 seedlings that have poped through the dirt so I have my hands full right now…lol I’em trying to time these 3 sets of grow so that they come in right behind each other.
I can control the timming with light
I just put my ladies on 13/11 this should help them finish. The switch makes the plant think…hey I got to get going i’em running out of time thus higher thc level and biger buds because the plant thinks it’s running out of time and put’s all of it energy into finishing.
This summer i’em going to grow 6 different kinds of strains from Robert and still keep cloning my white widow clones.

Will

I wish I had a bigger grow room so I can grow more than two at a time. I have to culminate all my bud by growing like you do. When I harvest one I got tther one ready to harvest about five weeks behind the first one while I got one germinati.ng BethBehind that one. Have you ever growth the strain bubble gum? It’s a pair50/50 hybrid. I think that the easiest strain to grow is northern light. I have never had not one problem out of any one of mine. And even though Robber has just a small selection of seeds I never had a problem germination. My phone is a piece of shirt. But I’m waiting on my bubble gum seeds to get here from Robert. What’s the best strain u ever grew. Well I’m going to go for now. So get back with me. William