Aficionados corner with hoppiefrog and friends

Getting dense flower is accomplished during the grow itself. And to achieve that you need to have good lighting, good environment, and understand your medium/nutrients.

6 Likes

Yea I figured Ive done pretty much what I could in that aspect but I mean every grower can always do something better right? Lol I sometimes get bud that’s literally I swear to you like rocks lol I don’t want it that hard but I just feel like they could be a little harder if that makes sense?

2 Likes

@hoppiebunny @Hoppiefrog wow, I was super behind on your journal but I’m all caught up now! I just wanted to drop in and tell you I think your work is simply amazing!
Stunning colours and I hope you get those fat yields. I’ll be watching while you come up to harvest stage :+1:

6 Likes

@Blue89 DJ Short talks about during the last part of drying putting nugs in paper bags, the weight of the buds laying on themselves creates denser bud structure.

But this needs to be done when the buds are close to dry enough or they will smoosh together and rot.

But as @dbrn32 says, most of that happens during the grow.

10 Likes

Thanks brotha I really appreciate it. Does anyone care if I post a pic of how good my girls are doing? Lol I honestly don’t want to upset anyone or anything like that I’m just proud of my girls and I’m only in week 3 of flower lol. #bestgrowever lol

1 Like

@Blue89 if you go to the home page, do you have the option to add a new topic yet? You’re a new member aren’t you?
Best way is to start your own journal so most of your conversations regarding your grow will be in the one place that you can look back on.
If you don’t have that, just wait for the owners of this thread to answer your above (very considerate) question :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Also keep temps lower than 80f for most strains, some handle and prefer 85f+ but mainly desert strains and a few sativas(tangilope) and I believe Durban’s poison.,make sure not to push budding plants too hard w light before mid flower and you will find a super slow cold cure (60-65f) will allow buds to shrink more evenly and will help apperance and bid density.also a sweat just before buds complete they drying process (works best in a Rubbermaid, preferably more than 6"deep .this will gently compress the buds thru their own weight this also helps remove loose shake/trim and adds to bag appeal.

4 Likes

Haha I think we would work great together, all Ying and yang :wink:

2 Likes

Got the new heat pump installed and all lights back on, and temps holding at 68f (just checked how low I can drop temps)with lights on.

3 Likes

Oohhhh. You planning on inducing some color!

3 Likes

I do that at night it also helps w Terp retention ,I aim for about 63f lights off.i brought room temps back up to 72f for day temps. I was just testing the cooling capacity with everything running full tilt, temps here today we’re 40c (104f)with humidex.

2 Likes

I run 77f for day temps up to late flower then drop temps if possible down to 72f even with running co2

3 Likes

Ouch! That some heat.

3 Likes

The air is still quite thick

2 Likes

Stompurp x topanga canyon brulée , theres also alien orange congalease x Topanga canyon brulée. And munson x Topanga canyon brulée

12 Likes

Nice! Bravo Sir! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

The first pollen collection was left on a desk for 3 months before it made it to fridge.guesd its still viable!

5 Likes

Gorilla cookies purp by sunken treasure seeds

19 Likes

This sorbetto is in a hard spot to get a good pic

14 Likes

Lower then 80 for hooded fixtures for sure. But running these LED lights almost require temps at 80 to 83 to get the full potential from the plant.

4 Likes