AfgVet’s Continuous SCROG Journal

Yeah, the SOB is a nice high during the day or socially. Bubble Gum is like that for me too.

7 Likes

Lol i really wanna try that one now … sounds like its right up my alley

3 Likes

In the kitchen today it’s Portuguese Fermented Hot Sauce.

When I was a kid my grandfather and I would make this hot sauce by the 5 gallon bucketS. If it was a good year for peppers we could have 10-12 five gallon buckets brewing! I’ve scaled things down a bit as I don’t need to keep the entire Portuguese community supplied with hot sauce. Hell, I probably make up the Portuguese community in this state :rofl:

So, I started with 2lbs of Portuguese Hot Peppers. As a kid, gramps and I would hand grind bushel brackets of peppers. I prefer my kitchen aid :rofl:. Gramps was pretty old school but I think he would find an appreciation in the modern process as well. That hand grinder sucked!

Instead of buckets, I bought this little fermentation vessel a few years ago. It works awesome.

Ground peppers go in the “bucket”, pour 4 cups of brine over them, throw in a few cloves of garlic

Slide the inner vented lid down onto the brine until there’s no air left. Snap the cover on and give it a couple of weeks. I’ll check on it each day but it will do it’s thing without any help

I’ll likely infuse 1/2 of this batch and keep some kiddo safe. Wonder what Gramps would think of my addition to the recipe :rofl::joy:

15 Likes

@KellyG here’s my journal.

4 Likes

Only a real careful DORK would work hot peppers with gloves… :smiling_imp:
Bravo… :rofl:

If it’s anything like the ones you sent, Pappy would be delighted! :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Sooooooooo many times they’ve been forgotten :rofl::joy:

9 Likes

9 Likes

This already looks amazing. I’m gonna have to look into that fermentation bucket, that’s cool

6 Likes

You make this stuff seem so easy!

5 Likes

They’re pretty cool. You can also use a mason jar with a fermentation lid but I think this is easier.

E-Jen Premium Kimchi, Sauerkraut Container Probiotic Fermentation with Inner Vacuum Lid (Earthenware Brown, 3.1 gal/ 12L) https://a.co/d/h80mjFH

7 Likes

It’s all fun and easy for me until I have to open that oven door……that’s scary :scream: and hard :rofl:

6 Likes

That does look interesting…

I feel your pain: working at the distillery we would periodically do Ghost Chili Vodka. We kept the chilis in a freezer in another warehouse, wore gloves and facemask etc. Had the still spit that out into the room and it cleared the building haha.

7 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for sharing, I’ve been looking into fermenting cayenne and reapers, haven’t tried it yet, might be time!

3 Likes

that one pic all chopped up and the the other pic looks like a small trash can and then i was like wtf and the rest of the pics i was ahhhhh i see lmao

5 Likes

Thanks for the link! It’s in my cart! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve had a couple of times when I’ve had to grab a mask while prepping to extract capsaicins from dried chilis. The worst for me is when I forget to wear gloves for clean up and the extracted material gets up under
my fingernails. That burns :rofl:

8 Likes

According to Mr Vet I tried to gas him out of the house :rofl::joy::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face:. “It’s just a few little peppers dear” :crazy_face:

Putting some of what I got out of the garden to use. Pineapple Habanero with lime and cilantro. Half infused, half kiddo friendly :grin:

16 Likes

How do I get a bottle o’ that? :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Oh… Oh… Me… Me… I want some… :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Me three! Me three! :nerd_face:

6 Likes