AfgVet’s Continuous SCROG Journal

I’ve been teasing going hydro for years. Just have never gotten around to it. I have always wanted to run an ebb and flow tray but have never bought the stuff I need. I’ve been in my lane for a while now and need a new challenge too. Plus I like the idea of not having to hand water every day.

11 Likes

I think I want to go with an ebb and flow system, not a tray but a series of pots/clay pebbles with a res. But I’m totally clueless.

@Myfriendis410 the chiller part is what I was wondering most about. What temp does the res water need to be at? I was thinking if I kept the res in the room right next to the grow room, it’s minimally heated, that it would remain cool enough. But again, I’m still clueless. I’ve got a bunch of reading to do.

12 Likes

:point_up_2: that’s what I’m talking about :love_you_gesture:

10 Likes

68f is ideal solution temp. You can run pretty solid grow higher than that, but the higher you get will require more oxygen and probably beneficial bacteria or to run sterile res. Warmer water is inviting to phytophthora/pythium (spelling?) Bad stuff that causes root rot.

8 Likes

Yep. Destroyed one of my plants just growing in a bubble bucket once. Temps over 75 are a breeding ground for bad nasties.

Between 65 and 68, the plants seemed happy.

8 Likes

The system gets heated by your grow space/lights. If you don’t have a stable temperature in the mid 60’s for your rez you probably will need active cooling.

7 Likes

@AfgVet I sent you a message on the other side.

7 Likes

I am more than happy to share any of my rdwc knowledge if you decide to go that route. Doing it with Jack’s is just so easy.

It’s so nice being able to leave my grow and let it do it’s thing while I’m gone for a week or longer lol

I feel like I have a good handle on the rdwc/hydro aspect of growing at this point.

My main goals for my next grow is training/controlling the plant to grow differently for better end results of bud structures.

Happy growing everyone!

10 Likes

Appreciate that @Syndrix

5 Likes

Started spraying two of the SCB with colloidal silver today (2 in front). I’ll flip them in about a week.

It dawned on me the other day, think I was reading Kap’s comment, I forgot to cut my pollen with corn starch last time, like I normally do. That was likely my issue, along with storing it in the freezer.

14 Likes

Sour D before a little trim

18 Likes

Purple Kush in the 3x3 got the chop this morning. She finished fast.

In the sunlight she really looks dark

18 Likes

Right on Sis! Hopefully that’s the Indica buzz you’ve been searching for :love_you_gesture:

9 Likes

My sister tried a few hit off a small nug I dried in the microwave. She said she had than numb feeling for a bit lol.

My brother in law made out good with all the weed that doesn’t get me high lol

11 Likes

Could be a good thing

Huge score for him… are you looking for another Brother in law :joy::love_you_gesture:

10 Likes

In honor of the Purple Kush getting the chop, I dropped more beans!

Skunk #1

And a very huge thanks to @OGIncognito for the following beans

Charlottes Yesterdream (Repins)
Colombian Gold
Mescaline Moonshine Cookie

17 Likes

Have seen a lot of skunk going down recently. May get one out and it can just have a super short veg.

12 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: i hope i can get some nugs like that

8 Likes

FYI I’ve been fighting migraines for the last couple of months and have had a bad week or so: haven’t gotten that chiller out yet. But I will.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about the migraines. I know they can put you out of commission. Been there done that :tired_face::sleeping:

7 Likes