Afghani appreciation

First time grower here…I wanna show off my baby because I think she’s gorgeous and all my friends are sick of me talking about her, hahaha.

Also, if anyone else has pics of an Afghani or another landrace strain, please feel free to share the love!! :purple_heart::heart_eyes::ok_hand:

15 Likes

Very :star_struck: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

She is Frosty :heart_eyes: nice lookin plant :100:

2 Likes

Afghan hybrid… Super Skunk Auto … day 98…

8 Likes

What a beauty!

2 Likes

Not yet. It is next in line.
I like what I’m seeing. Hope mine will do as well.

It looks like you kept her natural. No training.

2 Likes

Thank you!! Hopefully you get good results with yours as well when you grow it.
I did keep her natural cuz it’s my first grow and I didn’t have the know how…but on my next grow I think I wanna try SCROG

2 Likes

Letting it grow natural was a good choice. It is supposed to be a fairly compact strain.
I use adjustable frames with a mason line net. I don’t SCROG per se, but I make use of the net to shape and distribute buds.

If you want to see a monster SCROG check this
PiratedSoldiers 5x5 Indoor Monster’s :imp:

Another is Nugz / nugget farm

2 Likes

Very nice Kat :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: :heart:

1 Like

Congrats on your wonderful first grow, @Kat91 !

I love my Afghan that I harvested earlier this year, it’s so good for bedtime.

6 Likes

That’s gonna make some sweet buds for you Kat… congrats :beers:

1 Like

Well done! Think I got a buzz just looking at her sideways!

2 Likes

I believe Durbin Poison is a land race strain. Correct me if I’m wrong and I’ll retract it! I love love love the high this has.

7 Likes

So it’s a juiced up version of the original? I just thought they looked like that cause of all the love I poured into them. :slight_smile: :yum:

2 Likes

It’s still the landrace genes. Just selective breeding to bring out it’s full potential.

My understanding is they are taking the best of those landraces and crossing (with those best versions) to get the perfect iteration of the landrace. Am I wrong?

@poly
Ah okay.
So I bought that Afghan 90 heirloom from that Real seed place. So it has been crossed with others and not a true Landrace (Dutched up)?

I was thinking the took the very best genetics of the Landrace and brought them forward. As Afghani landrace are not clones. Although selectively breed, they had individual characteristics.

1 Like

Makes sense. Thank you. Sneaky they are!

1 Like

Seriously. If I wasn’t sitting atop a pile of awesomeness I might feel a little ripped. But since I AM sitting atop a pile of awesomeness I’ll have to still be ripped. :laughing: :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

That bud is sick! Stay up there, well deserved!

But yeah, sneaky! I wonder, with technology so easily available, if seed companies will have to rein in their proclamations.

1 Like