Afghan (fem) seedling problems

I’m repotting tomorrow, the sun came out, and the girls are already responding with some big serrated leaves, (swoon :heart_eyes:). Thanks to all of you for the advice. Peace and love.

1 Like

@highcountrygal, your advice makes sense, I’m going to repot and gradually increase the soil level on my worst two plants and see how it goes. BTW, Ive never been to CA, but I gather youre in the SD area. I have lots of grow buddies in SoCal and I envy your climate so much. My understanding is that Vista in particular is ground zero for all types of horticulture. Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

@dogrepairman Thank you! San Diego is about as good as it gets for growing! Vista is up the coast about 1 1/2 away and I am to the East of San Diego. Your friend gets the ocean breezes (OG) I get the hot dry. There’s probably 10-20 degrees between us. Yes you can grow anything here pretty much year round. The down side is we only have 4 seasons warm, hot, hotter and hell. We get Santa Ana winds that suck moisture out of everything. Wildfires are a reality and they don’t care who you are, they consume everything in it’s way. Where abouts are you? Come watch my grow journal ‘Come Grow with me by HCG’ There are some good cali pics and yes I am ‘bragging’…:woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

I intended to move these guys into solo cups but it looks like they’re not deep enough. Back to the drawing board. @highcountrygal, I’m in the Deep South, USDA 9b, home of the most draconian MJ laws ever. I’m paranoid of my dogs shadow. :frowning_face:

1 Like

@dogrepairman Wow that must be scary! Get some gypsum and add it to your soil, it will strengthen the stems. Check out this pic of my thin stems and then you can see when I added gypsum. Try to not handle it or make too many changes at once

I just saw this yesterday! :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

After following y’alls advice, my first grow actually looks salvageable. Thank you so much! I had to move to an indoor grow using a pair of leds, my girls are getting so big I think I’m going to need some side lighting. Thanks again for the great advice!

4 Likes

It’s still hard for me to believe that these are the same plants as in the OP.

I would stabalize them with sticks and lower the lights.