Affects of Low Humidity?

Should i buy a humidifier since my humidity is 52% pretty steady right now?

I am seeing some burning of leaves and slightly burnt tricombs.

Ph is great. Organics bloom is the nutrient. 650 Scorpion Diablo led at 12 inches or higher.

I cannot increase the LED anymore since the humidity has fallen to low 50s. Before at 65% the girls absorbed almost all 650watts. Now i am at 400 or it burns the girls.
Aloha and thanks
Ann

1 Like

2 Likes

Growing:
GG4
GSCE
Dos si do
Purple punch
CBD Kush
BB Hulkster.

1 Like

Your humidity is ok. That gg does not need a lot of light anyway so backem down is my suggestion. I grow start to finish 50 and below. I grew a lot of gg for a couple years. The others will follow alIng. As long as meeting your dli"easy with your lights" you are golden.

1 Like

Much Mahalos sir.

Also more watering is required at lower humidity.

2 Likes

I have been positioning the GG4 on the outer perimeter so it is less intense.
The Girl Scout burnt bad in one day so she is on the perimeter as well.
Purple punch seems to absorb the high watts well and BB Hulk does ok.
What a learning curve man. Fun yet frustrating.
Love u all for the help n advice.

1 Like

Your light is powerfull. Just getem all in good light and turnem down to 70%.

1 Like

I poured water on the floor lmao… It is helping but …

52 is just fine. Worry under 30.

1 Like

You’re in flower. You don’t want the humidity to be much higher than that. Usually around 45% for flower.

4 Likes

I hear you. Thanks.
Just cant figure out why they are burning. Same nutrients but maybe i will lessen the FloraNova Bloom.

@Robbtower1, Color changes in leaves during mid to late flowering can be confusing. Is it a normal color change or is it a deficiency? The more experienced I become the more I just stay the course when seeing color changes at this stage in growth, unless the the plant really looks stressed out.
For dialing in your correct light level, I would use DLI for the target measurements.
I use the phone app, but do not read DLI directly from it! I just use it to only read the light output in lux. Then go to HLG’s website and use the calculators under resources. First use the Lux to PPFD calculator to get the correct PPFD from the Diablo. Then use the PPFD to DLI calculator for the correct DLI at the light duration.
For example 40,000 lux gives me about 39DLI at 18 hours and 26DLI at 12 hours. This is about exactly where I want to be at the flip,(running photos), and the next two weeks with no dimmer changes.
When using the phone app to read DLI under the Diablo it reads low, and causes me to dial the light up too high.
Also close the doors on your tent as much as possible when taking light reading. Can make a big difference in reading.

1 Like

Yeah, “Turn down the Watts” I’m growing a beautiful girl with just 100W. peace

1 Like

Looking good. More watering or wicking, adds moisture. Open windows may move RH as well.

1 Like

Right on right on… Muchas Gracias Senor!

You can also raise the lights if need be while keeping the same intensity.

1 Like