AF Northern Lights 6 weeks

First thanks to anyone that helped my first 2 grows! I am at 6 weeks today and my 2nd NL grow, my first was stretching a lot from the beginning, I am now running 1500w leds FS vipar spectra, ph 6.5, grows big nutrients since week 3, this grow is completely different then my last AF Northern, it is 12" tall and very bushy and super large leaves, a new leaf every day or 2, my concern is the lower leaves are being hidden by large leaves and I’m afraid I’m running into problems, nothing is wrong that I see so I’m hoping for some advice to trim large leaves a few at a time or let it go, I’m running 18/6 at 22" I did receive good advice on hlg lights but cannot afford at this time, my first grow was the 600w vipar so I’m getting much more light on this grow, my first turned out great after curing 2 months but small semi tight nugs, I hoping for bigger and tighter but my main concern is the short yet bushy at half-way point.

Frankenstein smoking like a chimney_80517114701887

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry much about the lower leaves. I usually just cut them off at some point before flowering anyway.

1 Like

I’m just worried new ones are being suffocated in this jungle

Maybe use some plastic plant trainers off amazon? If you’re not comfortable with that, just tuck whatever leaves you can downwards under fresh growth. You’ll have to keep doing this though as they’ll pop back up in less than a day usually.

2 Likes

Notice the red plant trainers

4 Likes

Ordered, I never knew they existed

2 Likes

@ToastedBuffalo Yeah, game changer for me. I mainly use it for the large leaves that block the lower portion of the plants. As for the branches themselves, I still tied them down with pipe cleaner. The main goal is to get as much light to the bottom of your plant as possible. I was really running out of height so I had to tie them down.

1 Like

I’m sure my first grow was lack of a good light and fan leaves blocking much needed light to the lower soon to be flowers, these nugs are small but the advice of burping and using hydrometers they have matured into some very good and tasty smoke, 45 days in and still burp every other day, I encourage anyone that hasn’t learned of curing to do so.

3 Likes