Aerogarden grow journal for one White Widow

Thanks! It’s actually in a dark room, behind the stairs, in the basement. The other grow tent is on 12/12 also so it’s really dark with no windows.

After about 2 weeks of flower and not seeing anything that looks like flowering take place, I starting thinking that there may be a light that I was unaware of. So, after @peachfuzz dropped the statement about making sure there’s no light coming into the grow room, I really started thinking about it! I went through the room and put black tape on the lights on the surge protectors and even put up light blocking curtains between the other room that have very minor light in it just in case.

Last night, after everything was about an hour into dark, I went downstairs and peeked into the grow room, through the heavy curtains, expecting to see pitch black…

Oh hell no!!! I’m greeted with an alien-like blue light that is filling the room and then it dawned on me; the LED panel on the front of the Aerogarden, that shows how many days of growth your garden is in, is glowing loud and proud. Damn…two weeks of flower down the drain.

Anyway, I was able to black it out last night so we’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

That’s a loss of time but what you learned will last a life time! I had done the same thing before, a light leak and plant wouldn’t flower, in the end turned male and I burned it :japanese_ogre:Haha happy growing and good job finding yor light leaks

1 Like

LOL!! At least I’m not the only one that’s done it!! I wasn’t understanding why the plant looks incredibly lush and healthy but no flowers…hopefully, it’ll change. How long does it take for the white hairs to appear?

2 Likes

I’m no expert but I’d guess a couple day on 12/12 honestly

1 Like

Holy cow bro I’ve been looking for this thread for a while now just found it :hugs::hugs::hugs:
@super_newby I told you a few weeks ago I was coming to check it out but couldn’t find it then I couldn’t remember who had the thread jezzzzz
Short term memory lol
Looking good how high does your light go on that areo garden? Looks like you detached it ? And two weeks preflower once switch is made is normal bro
Plant looks healthy

1 Like

Hey @Countryboyjvd1971! I need to post a new set of pictures, I’m starting to see little white hairs so I think I finally got the room darkened out enough for it to go into flower.

I did have to detach the light, but I gained about 3 more inches so I’m at about 30 inches now. I also supplemented with an additional CFL and LED just because I had them. The plant was growing (the main stem is about 3/4 in thick and I’m sure the basket it’s in is in pieces by now) and the fan leaves are as big as my hand but it wasn’t growing upwards very much so I rigged a suspension net over it in the grow frame. If I had another larger light to use, I’d detach it all together and gain another 10 inches…but I don’t.

My initial experiment/curiosity was to see how far I can take a grow in an Aerogarden, even though my intention for buying it in the first place was to start seedlings. Now that I’ve been able to take it to flower, I’m really impressed! I’m using standard hydro nutes but I’m supplementing full strength cal/mag and it seems to be keeping my girl growing.

Let me get my brain in and hit the shower, then I’ll get some more pictures for you.

1 Like

Cool cool I’m at work so you got time
Actually don’t tell the boss but I spend a good part of my day on here while he pays me hahahaha
Looking forward to the pics bro
I have a smaller one the harvest model I think it is not as fancy as your think one model down from your but I don’t want to detach light
Can’t wait to see results in flower though might need to take it apart if you get good harvest wieght lol

1 Like

The harvest is small your plants will outgrow the light quick

1 Like

1 Like

That is the harvest

2 Likes

Had to remove the light after week 3 of veg

2 Likes

Aerogarden, week 3 of flower:

Even though I screwed up and had the LED light on for the first two weeks, after 1 week of darkness, I have some white hairs showing through! I’m still not getting much upward growth but the interior is dense in little leaves! Should I prune some of them so the light can get through or should I just leave it alone? I’ve got the lights as high as I can get them so this is all I can work with on this grow. Lessons learned for the next one.

4 Likes

4 Likes

WOW!!! I’m hoping my girls will still do that for me

1 Like

All bag seeds few years old

1 Like

for a flower that has no strong visual appeal, a cannabis bud is a pretty thing to look at…there’s a perfection to it maybe only the initiated can admire, it works on other levels…

4 Likes

You know, you’re right…this is a really beautiful plant! I find myself just staring at them when I go to check the garden every morning. When the spring comes, I always have a veg garden and flower beds…but this plant is quite striking regardless of what it really is!

1 Like

@super_newby these plants are beautiful and I agree with @kabongster

I can’t say it better than that :+1::grin::v:
I also find myself starting at the plants :seedling:

3 Likes

a bud’s hairs glow a moon light white at morning’s first rays from the Sun, the foliage is a dark back drop making the ghostly white seem so serene…I’d stand at dawn, with coffee in hand, and just look at the flowers.

just thinking about it relaxes me…it’s that or the Northern Lights in my vaporizer.

4 Likes