Aerogarden grow journal for one White Widow

Out of curiosity, I left the one in there; it’s got such a massive root system, I’m going to have to cut it from below in order to get it out. However, I can’t complain about the health of the plant that was transplanted into soil at all! It took a little bit for it to get going but once it did, it was amazing. Very glad that I bought it! I’m thinking I’m going to give it another week and then put it into flower and see what happens.

1 Like

I took my largest widow out and she had long andmany beautiful roots. Too k all of widow WITH POD, PEAT AND ROOTS INTACT out of the aero straight up moved it ALL to smart pot . worked well. All widows transplanted that way and they are thriving. I did use liquid nutes provided, full strength, in the aero. No Ibad affects at all. So happy! First grow. I’m 67 and tired of jumping hoops w/gov’t for meds! I will grow my own!
TXWhip

2 Likes

Widows are my first try
at a grow. Started in my shower, bought a tent, etc. Such fun! Have one auto Big Gun, too she is catching up fast with my older girls. Each plant has about 8 to 13 cola sites each. Is that OK?
TXWhip

2 Likes

Sounds good to me but this is my first grow so as long as it’s growing, it looks good to me!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My girls are 36 days now. I put them into force flower last night. This morning they are thriving. I had them on 24-24 hours. Now 12-12 hours. How long have urs been growing?
TXWhip

1 Like

The two Aerogarden plants are at 58 days, the oldest is at 70 days. I had an issue with, what I believe, is not enough lighting because when I increased lighting in the Aerogarden and the tent, everything started growing like crazy! I’m going to give one more week and then I’m going to put all three into flower. I need to figure out how to get pure darkness downstairs where they are because there’s an ambient light issue I need to address.

I decided to put my Aerogarden WW into flower today by changing the light cycles to 12/12; so from 9 at night to 9 in the morning, she will be in darkness. When I looked in on her this morning, she looked like she was ready to go. So excited!!!

2 Likes

Great! Good luck , hope your harvest is huge

1 Like

I’m surprised that I made the seed sprout in the first place, let alone getting a harvest!!

2 Likes

Newby, Hi! TXWhip here. What did you decide w/flowering now or later? How are your girls. Mine are in day 5/flowering and are beautiful. Into their stretch now, really spreading up and out.
Bergman’s Grow Bible was a daily support to me. Other sites have good info, too. Good luck! TXWhip

1 Like

Good morning @TXWhip ! I did put them into flower a couple of days ago, after I flushed out the water and replaced it with fresh. I’ve noticed a bit of new growth at the bud site but nothing that looks like a flower beginning. I’ll get some pics and post an update.

Aerogarden Day 5 of flower:

I’ve noticed a growth spurt since changing the water and then putting into flower. I still don’t see anything that shows any sign of flowers/buds developing (how soon does that happen???) but I’m completely captivated by how beautiful this plant is!!

4 Likes

BTW, viewers may notice the plastic hose that’s seen leading under the plant; if you look, there’s a blue air pump that’s pumping air into the water through a small bubbler stone that runs all the time. I also have a bubbler in my water for the plants in the tent. If I had a secret to share, I guess that’s it.

1 Like

looking great @super_newby!

1 Like

Thank you, @BIGE; I topped it when it was small and then have been using the bending technique so it bushes out a bit. Now the stalk is over a 1/2 inch in diameter so I guess I didn’t hurt it.

She is looking good and I counted 8 to 10 bud sites and I’m sure there’s more hiding underneath lol…

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Day 8 in flower

She’s still looking wonderful, giving me lovely new light green leaves all over the place. The fan leaves are bigger than my hand! Since this is my first grow, should I be expecting something to look like buds by now? She’s been under 12/12 lights for 8 days now.

1 Like

You’re too funny …there is buds there …everything that looks like the top of a flower is going to turn into a bud… they will just start stacking up… be patient …you will be doing a happy dance soon enough… :wink:

1 Like

Okay, so after a visit to the garden this morning, I realized that my Aerogarden girl seemed a bit…congested. The growth has been amazing but I think the lights were too close to her in order for her to grow upwards. So, after looking around the basement to see what was available, and an outward prayer to my amazingly creative, and deceased Dad, this is what I came up with. I ordered one of those shelved deck greenhouses last fall but just took it out of the box today and put it together. I removed the center bars on two levels but doubled the center supports on the top and bottom, along with doubling the bottom and top shelf, so it’s incredibly stable. I detached the LED panel from the Aerogarden, suspended it with nylon netting (barely any heat coming from it so I’m pretty sure it’s safe) and gained an additional 6 inches so now I have a 30 inch height from the plants. I also included two supplementation lights to help out the LED, hanging from the top shelf of which are connected to a surge protector and a timer. Instead of putting the grow tent around the whole thing, I taped and draped two reflective mylar emergency blankets for reflection ($1 a piece!)/

Sorry for the messy room, I was being creative and will organize again shortly.

Please please please, if anyone has any criticisms or ideas for improvement, please let me know because I sort of did this on the fly this morning.

3 Likes

It looks good , but you do have to understand if you can see light coming out , then there’s definitely lite going in …so you must make sure that the room that your tent is in is always dark when it needs to be… :wink:

1 Like