Aerogarden grow journal for one White Widow

I have two other WW growing in soil in a grow tent, and have another journal for them. Considering this is a hydro grow, I thought I’d make a separate grow journal for it.

Day 9

I received a new Aerogarden with LED lighting system with a 24 inch extension (I also have romaine lettuce pods in there too just to fill the other holes) for Christmas. I planted one seed in one pod and I set it up the system for a tomato grow but customized the lights to 20 hours on and 4 hours off and changed the pump cycle to 5 min on and 3 hours off (if anyone has any better ideas for the light/pump times, I welcome the feedback!). It recommended a fairly heavy dose of nutes to begin with so I only did a 1/4 teaspoon into the water. I also put a fish aerator into the water reserve that runs all the time. Instead of paying $20 for an official reflective tent to cover the system, I bought a mylar rescue blanket for $1 and covered the whole thing (it keeps it warm in a chilly downstairs bedroom also!), so far, so good.

4 Likes

looking good! sorry i don’t much about aerogarden except that i want one!lol:seedling:

1 Like

I don’t anything about it either @BIGE…that’s why I’m documenting it so everyone can help me to NOT screw it up! LOL!!

3 Likes

No Nutes, no , no , your set up may have recommended nutes , But, the manufacturer didn’t or doesn’t know your growing Cannabis, If you notice there are Two oval shaped leaves along with two pointed leaves, these two Oval leaves are Cotyledons, they are the nutrient Storage leaves for your plant for the next 2-3 weeks, these provide All the necessary nutrients your plant will need to survive for now, and depending on your soil your plants should be Nute free for as much as 5-6 weeks, any added nutes may burn the plant, I’m trying to keep this simple as possible, so , are they headed for soil ?I know its Aero,
ps. your seedling looks great, maybe lower the light a tad, but looks very happy. watch your temps, Ph your water, and keep the watering to a minimum, Relax sit back and watch it happen for now, Please keep us informed .

5 Likes

Thanks for chiming in, @FyshhTrap! Since this is my first attempt at this, I don’t know if this plant will end up in soil, I’m kind of taking a wait and see approach to see what happens. As for the nutes, I did it more for the lettuce than anything since they’re actually supposed to be there. The pot seed is sort of a guest at this point…gladly, it doesn’t look too bad! I can’t lower the lights any more, this is as low as the deck goes, that’s why I added the mylar to make use of the light that’s available. The water is at 75 degrees and the ph is at 6.0 so that seems to be doing well. I’m just very curious as to how this is going to turn out more than anything! If it turns out well, I’ll buy some seeds that are compact sized and let them go. Considering how tall WW can get, I’m sure it’ll outgrow the 2" deck in no time so I’ll probably pull it before the roots get too extensive. Thanks again for the advice!!!

2 Likes

mmmmmmmm,white widoW!!! that sounds real good right now…lol:sunglasses:

1 Like

I let my WW grow outdoors, planted it late and just watched it grow, it stopped at 5 ft 8in tall, lots of TLC, minimal mutes, Good luck my grow friend!!:seedling::palm_tree::seedling::palm_tree:

1 Like

Whoa, if it can get over 5 feet, I’ll transplant it to the tent and scrog that baby!!!

If you want to learn some cool Plant Art, check out "The art of the Bender " by @Soilgrowth, you can do some cool stuff with the plant you have, I may be trying it with a WW this spring. Just look around , and read ALL and old posts, and don’t be afraid to ask, these guys Will show you how its done(and Gals)sorry @raustin, Raustin grows Beautiful plants !!

3 Likes

you will love the white widow

9 Likes

I’m so glad you’re recording this! I’m going to use mine this way too. Looks good so far! :wink:

1 Like

Sorry I’m off topic , but I had to ask…
@raustin what happened to the blue rose?
This one’s pretty also thoe …
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

This is my holiday rose, it’s imprisoned 'cause its snowing outside… yeah, I’m lit. :wink::sunglasses:

I’ve got a big collection of roses. But I know, I hate when people change their avatars too. I can’t remember who they are! I’ll change back after the new year. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

nice looking WW there hogmaster!!

1 Like

That’s one Badd Bud , Holy cow !!!@Hogmaster

Day 13

I’m EXTREMELY impressed with how this one is coming along! I planted it at the same time with another seed (but that one is in soil and a grow tent) but it’s easily 3 times bigger! I still haven’t given any nutes but I still keep the whole unit covered with a mylar covering. It’s going really, really well.

4 Likes

nice lookin chives!

3 Likes

Aerogarden Day 56

My most humble apologies for not keeping up with my journal! I’ll spare the gory details but I was able to care for my girls while all hell was breaking loose. Much better now!

Anyway, this is a current pic of the one remaining girl in the Aerogarden; the romaine lettuce was quickly overpowered and removed, there is only one girl in there now; the second/smaller one was transplanted to soil and put in the tent.

I feed 1/2 strength hydro nutes once a week and have supplemented the LED light with 100w CFL and the lady seems to like it. I haven’t changed the water because I’m maintaining 5.8 - 6.2 Ph and it’s growing rather well. I’m still using the survival blanket for reflection and it’s keeping the plant at 72 degrees in a chilly basement.

2 Likes

I actually changed out the water in the tank today, it had a lot of color and it seems that my plant has stopped growing a bit. Flushed out roots very well and then added 1/4 nutes…we’ll see what happens. I’m thinking of putting all three of my plants into flower next week due to the limited vertical height that I have available.

1 Like

Started. My grow, 3 white widows in aero garden, too. After 3 weeks moved them to soil x3/weeks. Now going into flower. Beautiful! Aero garden SUPER to start plants of right and finish in soil. My aero goes to 27", but did not finish grow in it. Very pleased w/ white widow growth and dark beauty.
TXWhip