Advise welcome 2nd grow hydro

Additionally I add Cal mag at 2 ml per gallon and silica at 4 milliliters per gallon. Additionally hydroguard 2 milliliters per gallon

Here’s the feed schedule chart I use the above additives at not golden tree or any of their other products.

In what order are you mixing the nutrients…?
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Part A and then B in equal amounts into a quart of water in that order. When Watering adding hydroguard then Cal mag, silica and some potash and sulphur mix. Into water then into bucket.

I topped off the bucket with more nutes driving my ppm’s to 830. We’ll see if she’s pissed because she’s hungry… fresh mix, had to keep adding nutes beyond normal ml to gallons listed to drive the bucket’s ppm up to that number of 830. Before I was ramping up into the 600’s but nowhere near where I would expect to be I just mixed up 45ml of A and another 45ml of B - two part formula.

Ok… here’s part of your problem…you should mix in this order…
Gallon of water , add one at a time and stir the crap out of it before adding another nutrient…
In this order…
Silica
Cal-mag
A
B
Sulfur mix
Potash
Hydrogard
Add the rest of water that will fill your bucket…
Mind you , you can start out with 3 gallons if you want , but at least 1 gallon so as not to knock one or another nutrient out of solution…
Then ph if necessary…
I think that might be alot of your problems…
Your making your mix in the wrong order and possibly knocking one another out of solution… :wink::+1:
@neofirebird

4 Likes

Doh! I have to admit believe it or not I didn’t think in mattered. :astonished: Okay so now I feel stupid. So you’re saying mix in that order for gallon batch. I can do. Did you notice I posted I re did it but had to add nutes beyond directions both A and B to get up to 830ppm. I’ll re-do it tomorrow per your directions overnight I’ll see how she likes ppm’s in the proper range now in flowering. Thanks @peachfuzz. I really appreciate it perhaps you would see me through this :smirk:BTW water is 73.4°F

2 Likes

I try to be around as much as possible , but trust and believe , there’s a bunch of solid information from alot of good people here…:wink::+1:
Somehow we will all figure it out together…:wink::+1:
66 to 74 degrees is good in my opinion…
And it sounds like you have enough oxygen in the water… :thinking::wink:
Maybe it’s just the way you were mixing nutrients… :thinking::wink::exploding_head::upside_down_face:
We shall see…

5 Likes

What kind of PPM meter are you using, and how confident are you in it?

3 Likes

With some manufacturers like General Hydroponics, the state that Cal Mag needs to be mixed first and that the bottles in their 3 part line up have an order. If you don’t follow the order some of the ingredients will fall out if solution and no longer mix. In effect, they stay at the bottom of your reservoir and build up there.
Another thing I learned by doing Last winter is… it sounds like you are doing Dutch buckets? Non recirculating system am I right? I hope the pros chime in here but… the reservoir is the bucket like that, most growers use a separate reservoir outside the room for a number of reasons. The main one being chemical stability, as your plant gets bigger and places more demand for food the dutch bucket gets depleted quickly and this can destabilize your solution faster. The large reservoir has capacity to slowly be depleted. The res being outside the room is easier to keep cool thus preventing root stress and potentially disease. Mixing of nutrients takes far less man hours with a larger res too. Also the res can be dumped without draining the buckets ! Larger volumes means ph can be more stable too and changes are slower making it far easier to correct for.
Any pro guys out there wanna add or subtract from this! After last winter I learned my lesson well. I had 4 different crops, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce and weed in my room. All in pure hydro! Each plant needed a different mix! You couldn’t use the same ph for any of them. It was a total ass pain! You quickly learn about the value of a reservoir as I didn’t have one! I was mixing every other day for all 4. Never again! Soiless for the win on the veggies and hydro with res for the weed!

2 Likes

I’m using an ATC TDS & EC meter. The city flush the hydrants for the winter coming and I noticed the PPM dropped at the tap and the pH was better. 150ppm water I’ll use it.

Just remember that a deficiency can occur because you will need to mix a bit light to counter the 150 ppm. If so you may need to get just whatever the deficit is like nitrogen and bump it up a tad. I think the problem is with 2 part and 3 part is they add all the stuff together so you cant specifically target a deficiency.

1 Like

@peachfuzz i redid the bucket mixing nutes in order you recommended. I did the second bucket as well. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since it saw light. Wondering if I should wait a week of feeding and watering be as needed then start flush for last week? Still growing still have white pistols - only my second go at this. I’d think if not slowed growth it’d be finished by now being an auto…

1 Like

3 Likes

This is what the numbers came out I fed the second one and#3 to bring up the ppm’s and did pH last

Are you feeding each plant separately? Cuz if you are you can do to one and not the other so changes can be noted. That record you keep is important! You can track the effect of changes and use that for next grow! You should record…
Date
Plant condition
Environmental temp/ RH
Light settings and height from plants
Ph before adding
EC before adding
Solution mix and PH before adding
Ph after circulation
If you want additional data you can also include fluid loss over time and
Ventilation settings

In a major commercial grow this is in spread sheet format for easy quick filing.

2 Likes

I do check and document my feeding, watering, the recipe I came up with mixing in recommended order. I track that data just kept my scratchings to myself. The pic of pH and nutes reflects part of the data written down daily. Thank you I learned from last time but now adjusting to mixing for the ppm’s the not have this problem. I learned a number of things first time. Getting into a bigger tent bigger lighting unfortunately I ended up switching nute lines but I wanted to change anyway.

2 Likes

Plants still look young…
I’m thinking 3 more weeks…
In dwc , you really only need to flush for 48 hours and you should be good…
Also when you chop them down , make sure that the plant’s have been in the dark for at least 6 hours before you chop , the majority of leftover nutrients will be in the roots and not in the plant…:wink::+1:

1 Like

Yep that sounds believeable I can see the buds have plenty of room to fatten up. I’m not gonna consider it for at least 2 weeks just need to keep her alive and growing, fattening up. Until then I’ll be checking the trichomes w/ magnifier. Just really long for an auto…

1 Like

@peachfuzz @Myfriendis410 @kettle the girls are getting along fine. Buds are still growing.

7 Likes