Advise on LED growing

Question from a fellow grower:

I’ve started my first attempt at growing Cannabis. I have a 5 gal. pot, Miracle Grow potting mix, And a

very nice grow lamp of different color LED lamps. This lamp has 2 separate settings ( veg & flower ).

My question is which of the two should I have on during this early stage? I could also have both on at the same time. What do you think?

You can start with just the vegg switch then when plant is a little bigger, run both. Also miracle grow anything is bad for cannabis

2 Likes

And if you arent already browsing around check out the forum. Amazing people with awesome ideas and knowledge. Make an account an join us. Hope to see you around :wink:

You can turn on growth switch for veg and turn on two switches for bloom. Bloom need more powerful lights, so two switches need be turned on. I use my Mars Hydro light in this way for long time, my girls are very happy

i just got my mars hydro 720 i have a closet 2.5 by 5 ft by 8 ft closet my first grow how far from the seedlings should i place light

I would also say start with the VEG then both. I personally use the California LightWorks.

18 to 24 “, above canopy, if you don’t use the 5’ in the closet take a piece of cardboard or 1/4 plywood and cover it with Mylar( available on amazon) and move it as plants grow. Also you could cover closet walls with the Mylar and sum push pins. Need every bit of light come flower time.