Advice on when to harvest

Any advice on how to tell when to harvest? Do I have to get a handheld microscope to see the tricomes to know when to harvest?

Just starting week 6 here are some pics.

4 Likes

A couple of weeks. Like 2 to 3 IMO. You still have white pistils and a lot of bulking up to do. Nice job BTW. I have an inexpensive pocket loupe I use and it’s enough unless wanting to take pics. Then the digital otoscopes on Amazon work great.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 is correct. couple weeks to go. Beautiful plants though

2 Likes

Watch how fat them babys get you still got white pistils and there already chunky

2 Likes

Thank you I’m ordering a loupe tonight. And wow I wasn’t expecting them to get much bigger lol. When you say about 2 more weeks should that be 1 more week on nutes and the last week to flush? I appreciate everyone’s words of encouragement and help thanks.

I’d give 1 more week of nutes, then examine the trichomes with your loop. If the amber is almost where you want it, I’d flush and prepare for harvest. If not, another week of nutes etc.

Some plants finish within a few days of their estimated flower times. Some take weeks longer.

2 Likes

And some never develop amber. Then you have to look at other things for your cue.

2 Likes

@SmokeOne

NOW IS THE TIME…when a newbie cheats himself by harvest too early…OR…a more experienced mature grower patiently waits a few more weeks and gets 30% more buds and THC.

Question? Is YOU gonna harvest NOW…OR…wait…:thinking:

2 Likes

So what are the other things I need to look for?

1 Like

Looks like everyone has you set, just to drop by and say I think your plants look great

2 Likes

Secondary things: length of grow (a good general guide to have and the best reason to keep a journal), overall aspect of the plant, pistil condition, bulk of flower, state of the leaves, and finally the overall look of the flower. Mature bud is lumpy and disordered looking. Usually some foxtailing (hopefully minor).

The last two harvests I didn’t even look at the trichomes as it was obvious when they were ready.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger @Myfriendis410 Here is a lil update before the start of week 7 the cherry AK and the Skywalker I’m going to start the flush for the next 10 days the other 2 I will continue nutes.

1 Like

First picture, plant needs more time IMO.

1 Like

Yeah that’s my dbl sour my guy at the hydro store said it might take 10 weeks. She might be the only one i still give nutes.

1 Like

Looks like she’s still stacking so poke some more food down her lol. Do you watch the runoff ppm’s? This is the time when doing that pays off.