Advice on topping /FIM

Hello All,
this is my only second attempt to grow outdoors in pots.
Question is, when should I top or FIM my plants, or do i need to since they are out side.
Growing Amnesia Haze, Chocolope, and big bud…
They are only 3-4 weeks old and I have just transplanted seedlings into some big ass pots.
Any advice is appreciated.
My goal is to have multiple colas instead of just one…

5 Likes

I’m no vet but I’ll just rely some advice I picked up topping and fiming start as early as the 3rd/4th node. There’s a lot of solid advice here with many willing to help out maybe tag a few members to get their expertise.

Just my $0.02

3 Likes

Most people top or FIM at the 5th or 6th node. I have that same trio of seeds, still growing my Chocoloupe. The Amnesia is amazing! :relaxed:

7 Likes

Ill do it at 4 or 5 nodes, depends on the plant

4 Likes

I’m still a newbie but I agree with the other comments. I would wait a week or so while your girls acclimate to their new pots. Best of luck with your grow! Jeb

2 Likes

I concur 5th node and up
You do not want to do it to early as it can stunt root growth as well as veg growth

2 Likes

I just FIM’ed one of my plants as soon as the 4th node was formed enough to cut it off. The plant seems to like it. I also wanted to keep this plant a little shorter.
My second plant I plan on Topping between 5-6 node, probably next week. This one is shorter to start with.

I’m a new grower but I read, a lot.

1 Like

Right on man
You gonna love it man
I am also a newb

1 Like

I usually FIM the 5th node off. That is also when the roots start to grow so it looks as if the plant stalls for 4 or 5 days then they take off. I will then let the plant recover for a week then I top or FIM all of the new tops from the first fim. Last harvest I had over 15 tops

This was the best example I get find this is 2-1

Hope this helps :wink:

thanks Jeb

1 Like

thanks for the advice, sounds like the more i top, more splitting will happen, equals more flowers…

thank you hogmaster

thanks raustin, Never smoked any of these and I cant wait for November…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks growit