Advice On Plant Coloration

Its been a few weeks and I just transplanted the 2 from there first containers to the second but come 2 weeks after the transplant and trying to adjust my watering to cover the wider root coverage one has startered having its lower leaves turn yellow and drooping while some are starting to feel a bit dry. The other is seems healthy except for these marks that almost look like UV damage but my light is still the 12-18 inch away from the canopy(LED lights). One of the plants is the Gold Peak and the other is a White Widow(autoflowering) couldn’t tell you which was which though. Any advice would be appreciated trying not to have my first grow fail if I can help it. Below are 2 photo’s and I had just watered them before taking the pictures so keep that in mind.

I’m new myself so It can be something else but what’s your ph

@Newb1 is right on. Typically most issues arise with improper ph. Are you aware what you watering and run off ph are? Thats where you start. It looks like a ph issue? It could be a toxicity? How much feed ya given em? If ya feel like maybe you over did a feed back it down or give em a flush with properly ph’ed h20. Are they getting cal/mag? What kind of water are you giving them? What kind of nutrients? What kind of soil? You wanna be in the 6-7ph range for a soil grow 6.5 being the sweet spot.

2 Likes

Support ticket time!

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: One of each a White Widow and Gold Leaf

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Miracle-Gro Seed Starting Potting Mix

System type: Indoor grow box made with PVC and Panda film.

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? plastic dishes, has not created runoff yet

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: No nutrient mix other then what is in the soil

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size: 2 VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum

Temps; Day 54F, Night 38F

Humidity; Day 45% , Night 40%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size Air intake via fan and openings for circulation

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC but not run often

Co2; Yes, No:

Um im not an indoor grower but if you are not having any run off, i gotta ask are you watering them enough? I water my little ones till water comes out bottom. (I start my outdoor in pots). Not really sure whats making the tip of the leaf do that but i would lean towards some kind of nute burn. Well thats all i got hope you get it figured out! Happy growing :hushed:

1 Like

Water with properly pH’d water until you get 10%-15% runoff ( if you dump 40oz in, expect to see 4oz-6oz leak from the bottom).

Are your temps that low? 38-54f is pretty cold for growing cannabis.

2 Likes

Is this the soil you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Gro-Starting-currently-Northeastern-Midwestern/dp/B07C8LPVW2?tag=greenrel-20

@Aquaponic_Dumme here’s one needs fixing lol

If so; this has added fertilizer which can cause problems. I would guess your soil PH is in the low 5’s or high 4’s based on what I’ve seen. A transplant into something more appropriate will definitely help.

Your temps are WAY too low; all kinds of issues can happen

Ph the water to the correct range as well so the plants can uptake nutrients correctly. If you have to remain in that soil I would consider flushing with plain water and ph to 6.5 from now on. FYI drops and strips do a poor job: a digital meter is far more accurate.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback, yes thats the soil I’m currently using what soil would you recommend if you have any recommendations? I think I know what to do for the temperature situation so that shouldn’t be too much of a bother. As far as the water I’ll work on that because given what some have said above I might be underwatering them since there has been little if any runnoff whatsoever since I transplanted.

2 Likes

1—temperature HAS to be between 55 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. 60 to 76 would be ideal.

2—bagged potting soil will gum up and hold water. It also is not good if it has fertilizer.
Growing media from a hydro store is much fluffer.
you could add more perlite and other things to increase water drainage.

3—top plant shows too much green and the brown splotches are bad news…
a set of PH and PPM meters can be found for $20. A temp and humidity gauge is a good idea.

2 Likes

My concern is that it’s too acidic and you will be fighting issues later on. If you have a good nursery supply I would locate something like the Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog and just transplant up into that soil. If you don’t have that available to you; look for a good indoor soil with all natural ingredients and as stated some perlite added can aid in air getting to the roots. If it says “moisture retention” or “doesn’t need feeding for six months” you should probably avoid it.

People have successfully grown MJ in Miracle Grow (I’m one) but the downside is usually a left over chemical harshness that makes it less palatable.

2 Likes

Fox Farms hsa some good growing soil. I used Happy Frog for the first time my last grow. I will stay with it, the plant took off from day 1 and had a great yield (3.5 oz in a 17x18x60 inch homemade grow box. Ocean Forest is also great but does not work well on seedlings as it is too “Hot” for them, meaning too much nutrient for tender young plants.

If you are transplanting when the plants get bigger, start with Happy Frog and go to Ocean Forest when you transplant the bigger plants.

Hope this helps. Jerry :us: :man_farmer:

2 Likes

That’s light intensity burn put that led 24 to 30 inches away I had that when I dabbled in led growing only made it two grows when I switched back to a CMh

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of reply my car got hit and i’ve been scrambling with that, so I’ve got some Fox Farms soils and nutes on the way and will be adjusting accordingly I’ve already moved them further away from the light to be sure if that was a contributing factor it wouldn’t torch them… The plants actually did a comeback for a little bit but now the symptoms have come back and there are new ones like the very ends of some leaves are turning brown and look dead(see below) I’m hoping that once I get them in a new medium and properly applied nutrients everything will calm down but any other advice that you have and those that have already been given are greatly appreciated

Thinking you need to flush your soil.

2 Likes

Need to flush repot and go light on nuits for a few feedings

1 Like

The dark green is to much nitrogen and it looks like you are getting locked out from other nuits need to know the ph ppm u have been at going in and need to know ph and ppm of run off

2 Likes

Yeah that’s kinda what I was afraid of good news is I’ve already got the new soil on the way its the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Should I hold off on adding any other nuits after changing the medium?

1 Like

That is a hot soil. No need to feed for a couple weeks. Can give some supplements, but hold back on the nitrogen.

5 Likes