Advice on next soil to use

Thanks @patchman I’ll let the soil dry out and see if that helps and if not I’ll look into using DE I seen a couple of people taking about using it thank you !!

still scary to open that up and see. And It definitely doesn’t make me feel good about using it haha. more than likely i will throw this out as i just don’t feel right potting plants into moldy soil much less bringing it into my grow tent.

1 Like

@Breezy I’m with you I don’t need to be breathing it or bring it into my tent. If I can’t afford another bag of soil I don’t need to be doing this .Here’s a picture of what I tossed.

2 Likes

Great answer on using diamatacious Earth

Kellydans-
I hear you loud and clear on mold. I read enough starting out to know I did not want to overwater, and wanted to have good airflow in the tent. Also, if you do some research on strains, you can find some that are resistant to mold and other problems. Sorry Kellydans, this wasn’t directed at you. I wanted to get @AIRWRECK some info that may help. Wreck, you can get one of those cheap three way meters that measure moisture, pH, and light. Do not use it to measure pH or light (its useless), but it can give you an indication of how moist the soil is about 8" deep. You can also pick up the pot when you know its dry. Feel how light it is compared to when you water. Hope that helps. Peace…

2 Likes

@Breezy @kellydans
That doesn’t look like mycelium fungus I’ve seen :flushed: that possibly is a mold in that picture so @Breezy if yours looked like that I wouldn’t want to use it either. Mycelium I’ve seen is more like a fussy almost web like stuff. Obviously I could be wrong, that looks pasty

2 Likes

Happy holidays stay safe my friend !

1 Like

I posted a pic. it’s the 12th comment

1 Like