Advice on new light

I have just put up a 4x4x7 tent with 4" inline fan, and added a new bloom light. I’ve just moved my girls in from a 2x4x5.5.
Please tell me if this new light is sufficient for my 4x4 or should I supplement it with the cheap Amazon LED’s I started them with.
https://www.amazon.com/Sunlight-Supply-AgroLED-Bloom-Fixture/dp/B0751HS9VN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533144855&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=sun+411+bloom+led&dpPl=1&dpID=41vXYcMs78L&ref=plSrch
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Absolutely no idea the quality of that light. But for the price tag my gosh i wouldnt pull that trigger. @Aolelon care to shed some light here?

2 Likes

My 3 cheaper Amazon 600w Phlizon LEDs worked just great a $89.99/each.

My neighbor spent like$600 on one massive 450w LED light and it didn’t even compare to my 3 lights for less than $270. Plus I can alternate my light levels a lot easier for different sized plants.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy that i use hps and mh lights i go for a 50 watts per square foot in a 4x4x6 grow tent it’s 800 watts. I use 2 600w hps in my 4x4x6 grow tent.

I actually have the AgroLED 288
AgroLED 906418 DIO 288 Grow Light Fixture, 175 Watt (Actual)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075THWZP5?tag=greenrel-20
It’s not bad, but it’s an outdated, overpriced, Chinese fixture. An expensive lesson, but it works until I can afford to upgrade.

Do lots and lots of research before you pull the trigger. **Most**of the lights sold on Amazon are not worth the price tag.

1 Like

If you are handy; look into doing a diy build. You can build a monster fixture with the latest generation LED’s. A lot of us have gone that route. Quantum Boards are another hot item.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input.
Good, bad or otherwise, I’ve already purchased it. So far the girls are doing well, so I guess I’ll see whether or not I’ll need to supplement. I’ve noticed bud growth since I’ve installed it, so hopefully it’ll suffice.
@elheffe702, has been worth the purchase for you?
@Myfriendis410, yes I am fairly mechanically inclined, but this was one of those impulsive moments.

1 Like

I’m guessing you already bought it. It looks like it’s a 300 watt light. It does have a good footprint at 48" x 22". I can’t find the specs as far as lumens or par. You’ll probably need more light though in a 4x4.

Description

The Sunlight Supply AgroLED® Sun 411 Bloom LED Fixture offers excellent lighting for the fruiting and flowering stages of plant life. 3 channels, 6500° Kelvin, 660 nm (red) and 730 nm (far red), have independent switches for easy operation. This unit produces 21,700 lumens and 399.346 photosynthetic photon flux (PPF) from 279 watts of consumed power. Durable powder-coated steel housing with louvers allows proper thermal management. This fixture can be hung vertically or horizontally with the included V-hangers and includes an 8ft. power cord. The 120V daisy chain feature allows multiple fixtures to be plugged in.

About this item

Features

• Excellent lighting for the fruiting and flowering stages of plant life
  • 3 channels, 6500° Kelvin, 660 nm (red) and 730 nm (far red), with independent switches
  • Produces 21,700 lumens and 399.346 photosynthetic photon flux (PPF) from 279 watts
  • Durable powder-coated steel housing with louvers for proper thermal management
  • Can be hung vertically or horizontally with included V-hangers

Product information AgroLED Sun 411 Bloom LED

Product Dimensions 48.4 x 22.4 x 2.8 inches
Item Weight 23.6 pounds
Shipping Weight 20.1 pounds
Manufacturer Sunlight Supply
ASIN B0751HS9VN
Date first listed on Amazon August 22, 2017

White Widow, Hash & Opium… the Opium was damaged by heat wave last month.

Just gave the girls their 3 week bloom trim.
They do seem to like the new light.

Buds starting to build, and smelling nice.