Advice on my growing strategy?

Ventilation is not good, but the attic has an access hatch at the top of the closet, I could probably mount an exhaust fan in it. As far as input, it would only be the space below the door, 1/2" x 26 inches. I suppose I could leave the door slightly open if needed.

1 Like

I checked out migro on YouTube, he actually reviewed the same Viparspectra lights I had originally ordered, and seemed to rate it fairly well/ I’m going to take a day to think before I order any more lights, and maybe even re-order the Viparspectra.

What’s your budget?

Viparspectra has been the gutter of grow lights for a while now. I’d wait on buying that. I have a really hard time recommending one. There’s other stuff out there. Mars Hydro TS series is ok.

@dbrn32 is the guru on lighting.

What do you think? Can you recommend the new viparspectra?

i grow in the same size closet, i use hlg 320W XL QB V2 R spec LED Kit and love it and it is all the light you will need, it can be had from hlg for 436.00 using coupon code DUDE. i have a inline exhaust fan that i ducted into the attic and a piece of round duct on the intake that hangs down nearer the plant canopy height, the crack under my drive maybe a little more then yours but not much, i have 2 small fans in it blowing air over the top of the plants and under the bottom

are your seeds auto or photo, i would look up @Hellraiser gorilla grow and other things on here and follow how he starts his seeds, that method has worked the best for me by far, and also read how he waters a plant, he is spot on about that, also alot of other good info in there

Hellraiser is the man. I’ve learned a lot from him.

Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

1 Like

@Deal what’s your yield with that light?

i don’t know yet, going to be cutting in the next week or 2, growing 3 gsc autos, first grow and had problems along the way, one has big fat dense buds, one has not so fat dense and one is absolutely covered in buds but not big or dense( it is farther behind) if i can get it to fatten up with dense bud it looks like it will really produce

2 things i have learned on this grow is how to water my plants and that you can’t kill them lol

1 Like

Share a picture?

2 Likes

Trichs if plant 1

3 Likes

That HLG just paid for itself

2 Likes

i certainly think so, i liked it so much i bought a second one and started another closet grow lmao

1 Like

Other closet

4 gsc autos in 5 gal bags and 3 lsd,3 ww photos in solo cups that will go in other closet when others are through

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I caught the growing bug bad. “I’ll just start off with one plant and see how I do”

That turned into two, and now I have 4 Vegging waiting for the flower tent to free up.

And now I’m thinking, “why don’t I get a second flower tent? Why grow two pounds a year when I could grow 6?”

2 Likes

i am going to put the 2 best looking of each the lsd and ww in the other closet when it is freed up to veggy, then i plan on changing the light schedule in the closet with the autos to 12 12 to make the 1 of each lsd and ww start flowering

@wolfpapa you can order DIY kits off of Horticulture Lighting Group web site and Meanwells drivers from mouser.com .it cost me about $250 for each one. I could walk you through putting it together.I’m new also and have made many mistakes but good lights should be your number one concern. she is 4 weeks old , first week of vegetation( That is a 7gal 14"wide Grow pot ) .She is going to be a monster.

3 Likes

My budget is probably under $450 USD for lighting. In addition to quality of light, and yield, I have to be aware of the wiring limitations of my house. I should have mentioned that in my original post.
I don’t want to waste my time and money on an inferior light, but the best light in the world won’t do me any good if it continually pops the circuit breaker. I don’t know how valid the reviews are at 420expertguide.com are, but the Viparspectra 1500 didn’t seem to be terrible. Two of them pulling 300 watts is probably close to the max.
I did cancel the Viparspectra, and ordered one HGL

3 Likes

One HLG is better then 2 Viparspectra, chinese light reviews are not to be believed, bought by newbs who really have no idea what a good light is. The HLG will do you well.

I’d also try to talk you out of starting seeds in rockwool, no reason to go through that misery if you’re not going hydro. Best to just start them in potting soil.

3 Likes