Advice on LST and a mutation

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated :grin:

1 Like

When you go to bend a branch, squeeze it gently with your fingers and rotate both your fingers 90 degrees and squeeze the other sides of the branch. If you squeeze her a few times you can feel the wood soften up in your fingers and then she’ll bend right over with very little resistance.

There’s a guy named Bill Ward on Youtube that grows weed and I learned what I do from watching his videos.

2 Likes

Thank you I’m gonna check it out!
So here is what I did to her , omg I’m freaking out

3 Likes

It takes a couple days but she’ll be normal really soon, just a lot more bushy.

1 Like

Is that an okay start? I was sweating bullets

Everything looks good in the pictures. You’ll get to know what your plant likes and what it doesn’t like.

1 Like

Nice wok. You will see the stems begin to grow upwards. As @Oheeeoh states, you will learn your plants and react accordingly.

1 Like

Thank you! As they grow up, I just keep bending them down? Sorry IA for stupid questions

The only “stupid question” is the one not asked. Seriously, we all go through the learning phase as one point.

Yes, keep readjusting the ties so that you try and keep a consistent canopy height. :+1:

1 Like

Awesome! :blush: Thank you, I’ll be posting pics and questions

1 Like

Today, grown up already?

When you tie them down, usually within 24h the tips are facing upwards again…

1 Like

Looks to me like she took her training like a champ. :smiley:

Next step just keep looking underneath the main canopy for potential new branches. When you see something that has potential, you can move the stuff on top to get light to the lower stuff.

2 Likes

Looks great, and she is already putting on some growth.

Again, only suggestions. It looks as if the circled one has potential, as @Oheeeoh said, be on the look out for new potential budding locations.

Keep on it! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome thanks!! Gonna mess with her some more tomorrow. I will post a pic if she looking any different.
I feel as if I need to move her around a bit.
Practice practice, but I don’t wanna stress her out.
Thanks for everyone’s help!
#newbie

I’ve been paying attention more to my plant and can tell already that I should have started training her a little different way, is it okay to start her over again??

You gotta make that call. Listen to your plant she’ll tell you.

1 Like

I have redirected a stem before. Be careful not to force it. Otherwise, you are doing well and will earn a lot form this experience. Keep good notes to refer back to for subsequent grows.

Always listen to the plants!

Best of luck.

1 Like

Okay, so I decided to try again, once I got started, I think I basically kept it the same , maybe minor adjustments.
IDK I might be overthinking everything. First time nerves. So the first picture is the lastest, the second picture is the original. I also am including a couple pictures of my mutation, which is 2 days younger than the main plant
Mute is growing, little lady.:sunglasses:

1 Like