Advice on lighting intensity vs. height above seedlings

My 10 seedlings will reach 4 weeks soon. I will transplant them into seven gallon bags of FF frog under 2-HLG 550’s on a 4’x8’ grow area.

1. Turn down intensity for first week of veg with incremental increases to follow,12 to 16 inches above canopy.
  2. Maintain full intensity well above (24"?) the canopy

Don’t want to burn tops before LST

1 Like

If you can transplant without disturbing the root a bunch then Just continue on.
I transplant like this with a precut solo cup.

After that if I need a bigger container I just set the fabric bag inside a larger one and the roots grow right through. Little to no shock with either method.

I maintain the lighting the same as before doing this.

9 Likes

xUNd9W25e6jEGfFDag

4 Likes

Hi. Cool thing there. You cut the solo cup before planting the seed? Wish I thought of that.

2 Likes

Yes
And place in in another cup.
Drain holes in both

6 Likes

Wow, so simple and I would have never thought of that great idea!!

4 Likes

Im old and need every lazy shortcut I can find.
Here is my watering funnel.
I can stand up and water any plant in the tent.
Transmission funnel from Walmart plus a 3/4 pvc pipe of whatever length you need.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Will that address lighting issues?

1 Like

Damn, Brother, yours is longer than mine. Good idea and better distribution distance.
Thanks, again.

2 Likes

That’s some serious thinking out of the box and DIY ingenuity :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Now that is my kind of solution. I just might upgrade…Lol

1 Like

Helpful hints and handy tips, need to clip board those for others. Havent seen those and both are very simple and cheap.

1 Like

Sorry you didn’t get a answer. Your 550’s with low dimmer knob setting can pretty much be as close as 18" from the top of the tallest plant. BUT 24" is ideal with a bit more dimmer. Quantum Boards are not for close in growing. People get upset with Quantum Boards because they buy short tents, run them to close to the canopy with to high dimmer settings and then smoke there plants.

Exactly the info I needed. Ty, Blast.