Advice on first time Autos outdoors

Hey everyone,
So u have some autos flower seeds 5 LSD and 10 GDP ( they were buy one get one ) . I live in Western NY so I’m going wait till May to start them… I need to garullia grow them and Out back . I want them to be fairly set and forget. I would like to be able to just check on them 2x a week with little care , so I plan on amending the holes with good dirt to thrive . I’ve seen a few other autoflower grow but I’m still not sure what I should put in the hole for ladies. I would also like some thought on bending them and scrog or just letting them go. They will be in the back 10 achers of private property . The ground is pretty good with water… U dig 2’ down and it will start to seep. My concerns are being notice from above .:helicopter: The property slops to a creek then there is a cliff and a cop owns the property from the top of the cliff I only plan on putting out like 5 plants. Any ideas on either would be great … thanks for the help

So ok for my planting mix I plan on using some hydro store style of pro mix . I was going to mix in composted horse manure I have … The horse compost is a mix of mostly straight horse manure and sawdust, I also throw my house scraps like egg shells and anything the chickens won’t eat in there. The pile I’ll get gathering the compost from is about 2 years old so it has cooked all the way… I don’t mind giving additive a couple times during flower but don’t want to have to supply fresh nutes like I would indoors. This is non state compliant grow(do to no grow being compliant here) so I would like to my visits to a as least as possible. I’m tagging u Will because u seem to have a good handle on making your soil
Thanks in advance
@garrigan62

1 Like

The horse manure is not a good ides. I lost all my plants using that stuff and i’ll un-tag you and you can visit when you want to.

Will

1 Like

Thank​ for the heads up … And I’m sorry why will you be untagging me on this ?

Here is the horse manure conundrum…
Strait horse manure even composted for 2 years is still pretty hot, but I caught the detail you wrote…
Its mixed with saw dust…
In this case it will have very little free nitrogen after 2 years, saw dust like everything with wood related celulosis ( even rye straw…etc) require and use a lot of nitrogen in order to break down…

So basically what you did, you have neutralized the manure…

Interesting idea…
I do a lot of manure gardening for years…

Well I prefer rabbit , some guerilla growers here swear by bat guano…

Good luck !

4 Likes

@Ragnar, thanks for the info . Yeah we use sawdust as bedding for the horses. So what I’ve gathered for you and Will is I should stay away for the horse compost… I read Wills recipe for soil and I like it but would like to start my seed next month so I won’t have enough time for the compost to cook. Do u have any other ideas for potting mix I can amend the holes with . Like I said uptop. Do to state regulations I need to keep these ladies hidden, so I would like to keep the thing in bringing in and out of the woods to a minimal. I don’t mind bringing in the mix for the holes but don’t want to have to feed nutes Everytime I go back … thanks for the input

1 Like

What is the native soil look like out there ? Clay, sand, rocky…? Are there any trees ? If so tell me what spieces…I can guess the ph roughly based on vegetation type and soil type…
I will tell you what I would do after I have that info…

@Ragnar I have a sandy loam for soil. In regards to to native plant, I have small plot of lodgepole pines then open land the is covered in brush . The brunch is mostly rose of Sharron , and black berry bushes . I also have some hard woods ,(ie cherry maple ash and black walnut trees

Sorry for the late reply…
Here is what Iam doing, I have clay soil but pines and oaks mixed too…
I will first rake on side the forrest matter, then dig out 3 feet by 3 feet hole 2 feet deep.
Loads in 5 gallon bucket

2 buckets rabbit manure
1 bucket earthworm casting
1 bucked top soil
1 bucket sand
I will mix the forrest humus all with it then combine some of the native soil to it too…

You dont need to add sand obviously and I would have take the shot and add the horse manure since its composted with saw dust…

You got sandy soil, so it will help retain water…
Spagnum peat moss would work too…
If you can get bat guano, add some too, it will provide phosphorus necessary for later in flower…

Other than that, I would just make sure it has plenty of water…no additional feeding and fertilizers needed…

It is a weed !!! :slight_smile:

Happy growing !

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate the insight… I’m hoping last week’s snow was the last of it and I can start preparing the holes and sprouting my autos

1 Like

So my next question for my outdoor autos is, when. To start them … I don’t plan on putting them outside Untill mid May. Should I , could I start them indoors now and move them outside​ with a month worth of growth under her belt or just start them mid May and put them out in June … the white LSD says 70 days from seed to Finnish and the GDP is 82 days

Again here is what I do…
I started mine indoor, now they are in greenhouse to get more veg growth, I will be putting them out to flower in direct sun…
You can start them now even by souther exposed window…days are getting longer…

1 Like

I’m not sure if you decided what to do with them yet, but if you start them inside, make sure to get them in the ground before she starts to flower.

I don’t know about the strains you have, but most autos seem to begin preflower around 4-6 weeks.

Tag me to your grow when you start it…

@BuffaloSoja you could also pick up some Foxfarm soil and put it in your hole if you do not think your outdoor soil will do the trick I actually have several outdoors right now even started in the ground outdoors and I wish I would’ve started my autos inside and then transplanted them outdoors but they will still grow and you can train them but you have a higher risk of turning them hermi so you want to be careful training autos and you can do it but you don’t want to do a lot at one time

Thanks hogmaster … so I went to the hydro store to get some bat guano and ended up with all this

I plan on mixing it with a bale of Bcuzz hydro mix hp then amending my holes with it… I’m going to soad the soil moist with my guano tea

Soak the soil moist … sorry

Never seen or heard of any of them but I’m sure they’re all good I would use them or if this is your first grow I would say keep it as simple as possible in and just see how she likes it I put a afghan that I had indoors and put it outdoors all I did was dig a hole and put the dirt back on top and it has over tripled in size in one week I’ve heard you guys have a good soil up in that area you should have a good successful grow

2 Likes

Thanks​ man … I did a Nirvana venus fly trap outside like 3 year ago and it was the best grow I’ve had compared to the indoors I have messed with. I have 15 seeds I’m going start band not sure if I want to put all of them out or leave some under the t5 . I guess I could do 50 50 amended soil and plan dirt …

1 Like

Thanks @FloridaSon I want to start soaking my seeds in the next day or 2 . I like to use to he wet paper towel. I’ll tad u when I start

1 Like